looking for a good webhost(help please!)

compguy91

Fully Optimized
I'm looking for a good webhost to host my website. My website won't have super high traffic, probably no more than 200 people viewing it so bandwidth that would allow that is needed. I also want it to be through somebody reputable and trustworthy, not somebody who is "fly by night" and I also want it to be affordable (I'm on a bit of a budget). Also email access is nice but not needed.

Thanks

I've tried 1and1 in the past, and its a pretty good host. They do limit you to, I think its, 100MB per MySQL database, but the hosting is only somewhere around $2-$3 per month (USD). Nice control panel and stuff too.

Another good host, altough a bit more expensive, is SiteGround. I've also used this host, a long time ago, and found it pretty good, and they have (or, at least, used to have) one of the best support systems I've saw.

Hostgator is another host that I used for about a month or so. At the time, they offered multiple domains on the same server for free but I'm unsure of what they do now. They seemed pretty reliable.

If you are wondering why I had so many hosts, I was constantly changing around, using my money back guarantees and whatnot until I ended at SiteGround (and 1and1 for my other site) but now I have no webhosting.

A so-so host is GoDaddy. They are about the same as 1and1 but support is completely terrible. I used them for a couple months. The have good domains though... you could save probably by getting a domain with them and linking the nameservers to someone else.

PM me for more, or just reply... :)

Google Guru said:
I've tried 1and1 in the past, and its a pretty good host. They do limit you to, I think its, 100MB per MySQL database, but the hosting is only somewhere around $2-$3 per month (USD). Nice control panel and stuff too.

Another good host, altough a bit more expensive, is SiteGround. I've also used this host, a long time ago, and found it pretty good, and they have (or, at least, used to have) one of the best support systems I've saw.

Hostgator is another host that I used for about a month or so. At the time, they offered multiple domains on the same server for free but I'm unsure of what they do now. They seemed pretty reliable.

If you are wondering why I had so many hosts, I was constantly changing around, using my money back guarantees and whatnot until I ended at SiteGround (and 1and1 for my other site) but now I have no webhosting.

A so-so host is GoDaddy. They are about the same as 1and1 but support is completely terrible. I used them for a couple months. The have good domains though... you could save probably by getting a domain with them and linking the nameservers to someone else.

PM me for more, or just reply... :)

I have a question? is linux hosting better than MS hosting? what's the difference? also, it says that the bandwidth limit on the basic plan is 250GB, is that decent? I'm thinking it is as it's not going to be a huge site.

For all my websites i use 1and1 because of the server cap, and allowance is awsome!!! I have 5 domains running on the same 1and1 server, 3 of which have forums. The 100mb databases are fine for forums!

troy272 said:
I have a question? is linux hosting better than MS hosting? what's the difference? also, it says that the bandwidth limit on the basic plan is 250GB, is that decent? I'm thinking it is as it's not going to be a huge site.

well linux is much more reliable than windows. I'd prefer to go with linux, but it shouldn't matter that much.

troy272 said:
I always use Linux hosting. Not sure on this, someone might need to correct me, but Linux can run PHP & MYSQL, and Windows can run ASP & MsSQL or something, right?

But Linux all the way for hosting!

Google Guru said:
I always use Linux hosting. Not sure on this, someone might need to correct me, but Linux can run PHP & MYSQL, and Windows can run ASP & MsSQL or something, right?

But Linux all the way for hosting!
yeah linux is better :cool:

use 50webs.com, get free webhost with no ads at all, and short subaddress, i just redirect with co.nr

Back
Top Bottom