God Help Me, Pleaseeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meltdown

hungar101

Baseband Member
Hello wise and most helpful people knowledgable in the the art of computers, These are my problems, the first one started with the monitor going off about fifteen twenty mins into game play, by going off i mean the computer crashing the light on the monitor flicks as to indicate no signal in some cases i hear sound for a time , but i have to turn the computer off and on to recover it, and the other problems im now incountering weather there caused by my own f\\\\ing around to solve problems but after installing two differant games the other day which highlighted the first problem, today on trying to play the first game it would bring up the first little option screen where i would choose play and the screen flicks black for a milli sec but nothing the same again, ok now im peed off so try the next game and it can not find the file. so i uninstall so i can reinstall in case ive damaged them whilst messin on the other day but having done that it wont play nothing nadder, i have only really had problems with my system when it has come to gaming althou not in a while. also could anyone tell me if i can totally restart or reboot or reinstall windows i dont care about losing anything i just want to get rid of these problems , plus somebody mention it could be lack of memory , so i have used the msconfig to go into selective start up and turn off most of my programs that have been running in the background. but i would really appreciate some advice on how memory works in that respect i know i have a huge hard drive but what other memory is the computer using and how might i be using this in the wrong way. please help im so desp :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: erate

memory is used to hold the information of the programs running at that time...it loads the information from the HD and puts it into memory, RAM is faster than your HD, it also bits to be input and exported for processing faster than your HD could...more ram would allow more applications to run easier with less seeking due to the HD searching for information... to be honest I dont know what your problem could be but I wanted to give you information on RAM...again it might not be the best description so someone might come in and add/correct me but...GOOD LUCK...

though that doesnt seem like a RAM problem...

ohh and fresh install of Windows...
1. Put the recovery Disk in the CD/DVD drive
2. Restart Computer
3. Boot Menu (mine is F12 on start-up yours may be differnt)
4. Boot From CD/DVD
5. Follow Direction, re format your HD possible make an OS partition and a second partition for DATA
6. Reinstall all drivers and other things that are necessary...with other CDs or internet.

Any questions PM me or youll get better answers from someone more knowledgeable...

-KJ

How about some system specs?

Your first problem,where the comp shuts down afte 15-20 minutes of gaming, sounds like an overheating issue to me. If it does it again (If you can get to that point, cuz the last part of you posts sounds like you cant even get games to start) Then pop open the case and touch the bottom of you heatsink and Vid Card (Ground yourself first by touching something metal on the case) if they feel hot, and hot meaning HOT... not just warm then that could be it.

There could be a driver issue with the second problem, What Video Card r u running and what drivers are you using?

And about the memory, the person who mentioned it is referring to RAM (Random Access Memory) This is NOT the space you have on your hard drive. right click pon my computer and click properties and it should say how much ram you have.

Like i said, we will need some Specs on you comp (Proc, Vidcard, Ram ect.)

thanks for your feedback sir, but im am a little doubtful as to weather it is a heating problem because when i took my computer to someone in hungry, who was very good i might add he used software to determine that there was no over heating, and that it was the power in my house which i might add was anciant and after plugin the comp itself into its own socket i never had the same prob im having now, but i didnt think that id have that problem here in the uk , where i have been back for a while an had no problem upto now

my proccessor is a amd 64 3200+ and the video card is a radeon 9800pro as for the ram im not sure but its upto date im sure i just asked bout memory cause there tons of stuff on the comp tons of audio and full films and programs an i was wonderin if there automatically stored in the hd or if i have bunged up my comp by them being everywhere

Does it always turn off after 15-20 mins?
How much RAM do you have? when did it start doing this?
What games are you trying to play?
Do you have anything overclocked?

Like mentioned before me it sounds like overheating.

Check the temps in your computers BIOS to be sure.

This is how i would go about the Reinstall of Win XP

1. Reinstall XP on the fresh formatted NTFS files system
2. Download Install the Updated drivers for your hardware devices IE videocard, motherboard ect.. (you will proablly have to install your NIC drivers of the Mobo CD first)
3. Install the windows Updates Like SP2
4. Install your Computers antivirus like AVG / and Enable or install your firewall

You can go to Start/Run/dxdiag

and that will show you a more complete list of system specs.

(good info on the RAM post kjman87)

LambOfGod said:
Does it always turn off after 15-20 mins?
How much RAM do you have? when did it start doing this?
What games are you trying to play?
Do you have anything overclocked?

Like mentioned before me it sounds like overheating.

Check the temps in your computers BIOS to be sure.

This is how i would go about the Reinstall of Win XP

1. Reinstall XP on the fresh formatted NTFS files system
2. Download Install the Updated drivers for your hardware devices IE videocard, motherboard ect.. (you will proablly have to install your NIC drivers of the Mobo CD first)
3. Install the windows Updates Like SP2
4. Install your Computers antivirus like AVG / and Enable or install your firewall

You can go to Start/Run/dxdiag

and that will show you a more complete list of system specs.

(good info on the RAM post kjman87)

Thanks!

im really just getting into how the computer works and Ive learned a lot from here and my own research in the last couple months...its great...im kind of regretting buying my gateway now that I have confidence in building my own...haha :)

kjman87 said:
Thanks!

im really just getting into how the computer works and Ive learned a lot from here and my own research in the last couple months...its great...im kind of regretting buying my gateway now that I have confidence in building my own...haha :)

Maybe there is room to upgrade your gateway in the future?

check and see :D

here are some specs for you guys, system model, awrdacpi, bios v6.00pg, proccessor; amd athalon 64 3200+ mmx 3dnow -2.ogh, 512mb ram , 253mb used/ 993 mb avalialbe directx 9.0c, just wanted to say the first time i ever had a problem was when my bro sent this computer to me as a present in hungary about a year ago, when i got it the front was hangin off, thanks to the hungarian pstal services, anyway on my first attempt at playin a game on it i had the above explained problem, comp crashes and so on, on taking it to the local comp shop where the guy seemed very knowledgable on the subject told me it was fine he checked the bios the temps everything we even sat there and played and no crashing we came to the conclusion that it was proberbly the power supply in my rustic an very old house on returning home where i had my computer all plugged into one adapter i gave the computer its own socket and i had no problems and even on returning to the uk i had no problems so why now the same exsact thing

Back
Top Bottom