Car Thread!

Actually, intake and exhaust properly tuned on the new Duratec Focus will net you over 12 horsepower on the dyno, not a bad gain for a 140hp motor. So it's not as "bling" on those I know for sure. On top of that, if you get some of the other parts like intake manifold, cams, header, you will see a huge gain. The thing about the small mods is they work to make the big mods way more efficient. It's a good start.

D-Lew said:
Actually, intake and exhaust properly tuned on the new Duratec Focus will net you over 12 horsepower on the dyno, not a bad gain for a 140hp motor. So it's not as "bling" on those I know for sure. On top of that, if you get some of the other parts like intake manifold, cams, header, you will see a huge gain. The thing about the small mods is they work to make the big mods way more efficient. It's a good start.

Who are you replying to?

LambOfGod said:
Thanks, i put alot of time into it, The 4g63T can be 6 Bolt or 7 Bolt.

the 6 Bolt 4g63T was put in DSMs from late 1989- to Late 1992.

The 7 Bolt 4g63T was put in DSMs from Late 1992 to 1999.

The 6Bolt is stronger than the 7 Bolt, It has Stronger (bigger) rods. That can take more abuse, the 7 Bolt has higher compression pistions.

People will swap the 6Bolt motor into the Late 1992+ cars.

My car has the 6Bolt Engine

The 4g63T is Currently in the Lancer Evolutions

(the 420A motor is from a dodge neon (and is found in the 1995-1999 DSMs), and is the Non turbo motor. It does not come close to the potential of the 4g63)

Thanks for clearing that up. I saw a video of a 7 bolt 2g eclipse pushing 30 psi. On the 2nd dyno something shot through the side of the block. It made around 450 whp though.

cabbspapp said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I saw a video of a 7 bolt 2g eclipse pushing 30 psi. On the 2nd dyno something shot through the side of the block. It made around 450 whp though.

I think i saw the video as well wasnt it REd?

anyway they were pushing a stock 7Bolt 4g63 with just Headstuds and headgesket to the limits to see how much abouse the motor can take,

30 Psi on stock internals is pretty amazing, thats why i love that motor.

LambOfGod said:
I think i saw the video as well wasnt it REd?

anyway they were pushing a stock 7Bolt 4g63 with just Headstuds and headgesket to the limits to see how much abouse the motor can take,

30 Psi on stock internals is pretty amazing, thats why i love that motor.

Yeah, that was the same video. Mitsubishi definately did something right with this motor.

cabbspapp said:
Yeah, that was the same video. Mitsubishi definately did something right with this motor.

Yes for sure, i would have to say the only thing i dislike about it is its interference design. :(

cabbspapp said:

30PSI on the block itself is pretty nice...but stock internals thats pretty sick...VW did a good job with their ABA engine design which was based off of the previous gens deisel so you know it can take a beating...but to be honest i dont know exactly how many PSI a 2.0T could take since they are not T to begin with...but i do recal something about 18PSI on stock internals...which isnt bad for a stock non turbo engine...

kjman87 said:
30PSI on the block itself is pretty nice...but stock internals thats pretty sick...VW did a good job with their ABA engine design which was based off of the previous gens deisel so you know it can take a beating...but to be honest i dont know exactly how many PSI a 2.0T could take since they are not T to begin with...but i do recal something about 18PSI on stock internals...which isnt bad for a stock non turbo engine...

The Honda K20 motor takes boost pretty well too. the one I saw was running a stock K20 with a K24 head and with 12 PSI made 467 WHP. I'll post the video if I can find it.

cabbspapp said:
The Honda K20 motor takes boost pretty well too. the one I saw was running a stock K20 with a K24 head and with 12 PSI made 467 WHP. I'll post the video if I can find it.

Thats very impressive, I would like to see the vid

too bad he probally cant put that power to the ground,

I watched a vid yesterday were an LS1 Zo6 Made 630WHP on 8 PSI.

Just 8 psi... I thought that was pretty sweet

Back
Top Bottom