Workstation PC

kjman87

Daemon Poster
Ok heres the deal the company I work for is looking for a new circuit simulation PC. It needs the most RAM available, but the only program it needs to run does not take advantage of Dual Core Processors. It will only be running that program and the OS (windows XP pro)...one other thing is a dual DVI or VGA output vid card would be great...it doesnt have to be anything great as it will not have a whole lot to process very often...but to processor has to be an industrial single core as fast as it can be...and as much RAM as it will recognize...

anymore details needed let me know

THANKS!

what do you want a prebuilt system or are they or you wanting to build this youself

either or, i can build it myself or it can be prebuilt it just has to handle a beating....like CPU usage at 100% for a while straight... RF simulations are tough...and a lot of algorithms that got up to like the 7th power are done...so

cheap is not an option because cheap implies lack of quality and this thing needs to be quality... 5 or 6k is fine...

you would probably want at least4gb of ram and in excess of 3.0GHZ processor
i would probably use an intel because i have heard amd's have a tendancy to overheat

Back
Top Bottom