.exe files on mac

Chuck1

Baseband Member
Hey there. Just a quick question.Does anybody know if it is possible to open .exe files on a mac in anyway?

thanks alot. chck.

well I've used a mac once so I'm far from being an expert. But I'm guessing that the answer is no. Why would u need an .exe anyway, if the program is compatible with mac then there should be an installer for mac.

Basically im trying to get cubase, but have only found one .dmg file all the rest have been .exe (the .dmg file didnt work:"the following disk images failed to mount") i would instal windows but i dont really want to install windows just for one program and i feel it kind of deafets the purpose of why i bought a mac.

any other ideas, maybe some kind of converter program?...lol im really just having a stab in the dark here

u could try a program called vmware. Don't know if it's available for macs and don't know exactly how it works, but it creates a virtual OS and u can use both of the OSs at the same time.
also, at least with linux u have programs like wine which let u use windows based programs on linux. Don't know if there is anything similar with macs, but u could try and find one if u have the time to spend.

yeah there is microsofts virtual pc but it costs a lot of money plus you need a version of windows but there are freeware programes for mac which act as virtual pc's

Back
Top Bottom