Wierd Folders in My Computer

Bob94571

In Runtime
Does anyone know what these are... ive never seen them before... i think theyve always been there on this install of windows but i dont ever remember them before or on another comp

whatisal4.jpg

im about 99% sure theyve been on since the beginning... i opened them and the contain other folders (2 of them have folders named "SP1" with a subfolder named "Update and in that there is an Update.exe and a DLL file, the other two dont have the "SP1" folder in them they just have the Update folder an in that the exe and dll)

Is this like Service Pack 1, because i am on SP2... does that mean its safe to delete them?... i dont wanna screw anything up... theyre really not hurting anything i guess... they r just annoying

I agree with Ronco Rox, they are Temp files from previous downloads. I would say it is safe to delete them. Windows by default sends things to the recycle bin, so you if you delete them, and have problems, you should be able to go back to the recycle bin, and restore the folders if you have any problems. If it gives you a message saying the files won't fit, permanently delete, just choose no.

pctechmike said:
....... they are Temp files from previous downloads. I would say it is safe to delete them.
Agreed, safe to delete. They're temp files from Windows updates, I've deleted a few myself these last couple of days

I'm not hard to find. I'm here, and everywhere. All you have to do is Google my pctechmike- I'm sure you'll find me easily.:D

well usually if it were important folders, they would be either in the program listings or in the WINDOWS folder under system or system 32.

if they keep reappearing in your documents folder, they are probably web related temp folders.

Back
Top Bottom