Don't puke

It's slightly better than having no case. Your thermals will still be screwed up though. The whole point of a computer case is to create air channels for the intake of cold air and exhaust of hot/warm air. If you just leave it open or have it all out in the open spread out, the same air will just circulate over and over again.

I don't get the thread title though. I thought you were going to post something weird like that fatass zit. :eek:

alvino said:
It's slightly better than having no case. Your thermals will still be screwed up though. The whole point of a computer case is to create air channels for the intake of cold air and exhaust of hot/warm air. If you just leave it open or have it all out in the open spread out, the same air will just circulate over and over again.

I don't get the thread title though. I thought you were going to post something weird like that fatass zit. :eek:
well that's the problem. My X1600Pro card wont allow me to put on the cover and my PSU won't fit. Half of it wont even fit in the PSU slot.

If you must know this was the PSU in the case:
http://www.usedvancouver.com/classified-ad/2158682&category=computers

like 1.5/4 of my normal PSU so I have to leave the cover off due the PSU size and my X1600Pro PCB being alittle to tall

Yeah, because you're using a HTPC/desktop case. Those kinds of cases usually have height restrictions of some sort. That's why it' advisable to use half-height cards when using cases of that sort.

alvino said:
Yeah, because you're using a HTPC/desktop case. Those kinds of cases usually have height restrictions of some sort. That's why it' advisable to use half-height cards when using cases of that sort.
well of course I know that but I got this case for free. So you tell me NO case or case

To tell you the truth, there won't be much difference anyways, looking at your configuration. ;) Since you got it for free, it would make for a nice server or HTPC in the future.

Bust out the dremel and something to mark with and cut out the profile of your GPU. And I bet there's a way to get the PSU in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom