Car Thread!

You're paying for it to be pretty: name brand, mandrel bends, colors, more expensive materials like high quality plastics or T-304 basically. You could probably even go to an exhaust shop and ask them to mandrel bend some pipe for you and come out something as good as AEM's designs.

Going to do a nice oil change this Thursday and clean out my filter too. I'll have the stock filter in their while I let the K&N dry. As far as the transmission goes, is it really necessary to change the tranny oil in there? I believe Toyota uses synthetic oil for that which makes me believe that it doesn't have to be changed as often.

TRDCorolla said:
Going to do a nice oil change this Thursday and clean out my filter too. I'll have the stock filter in their while I let the K&N dry. As far as the transmission goes, is it really necessary to change the tranny oil in there? I believe Toyota uses synthetic oil for that which makes me believe that it doesn't have to be changed as often.

When was the tranny fluid last changed?

is it an auto or manual?

how many miles on the Odo?

D-Lew said:
You're paying for it to be pretty: name brand, mandrel bends, colors, more expensive materials like high quality plastics or T-304 basically. You could probably even go to an exhaust shop and ask them to mandrel bend some pipe for you and come out something as good as AEM's designs.

2nd that

You can buy Nice mandrel bents pipes off JC whitney and ebay.

if anyone is interested

TRDCorolla said:
Man, downloading off of Torrent is abusing my bandwidth big time. So slow now....anyways, the high flow air filter of TRD and K&N does not produce the same result as a real CAI. They do allow for higher air flow, but still limited to the air from within the stock air box and poor quality of the stock intake tubing. It doesn't sound like a CAI either so you won't have to worry about that. Just on my car, it makes that little sound in the beginning. Once it warms up, the noise is gone. A regular CAI makes a loud vaccuum leak-like sound all the time. Those TRD and K&N filters are excellent in quality and performance. You have no idea how restrictive the stock filters are when you actually see a test done between a K&N high flow filter (or even the TRD version) and stock filters. Wow, huge difference. As for the heat soak, some people try insulating their intake pipes to prevent it from overheating due to ambient temperature from within the engine bay. I still like the CAI regardless of that. I would love to install one on your tC. It would be fun to do and look so nice at the same time. It's a cosmetic upgrade as well as a performance upgrade too. Some intake pipes actually break up into two different pieces so for those rainy days, the filter can be moved up into the engine bay where the old stock box use to be. Then on dry summer days, you reinstall the lower pipe behind the fenderwell cover. What bugs me is on those hot days: the surface streets heats up so much, wouldn't the CAI be sucking up hot air instead of cool air?!?! Strange...

Well yeah im still deciding with high flow or SRI if i go with an SRI i think ill go generic and get it so much cheaper then replace the filter for a K&N one, well intake is more like bling cause its sound barely any performance. Well as far as my stock sound they made the sound of the tC to sound like it has an intake and when i am in N and push the pedal from 1k to 4k it hears like it has an intake lol.

Here is a pic of my homemade intake/heatshields/sparkplug cover/intercooler piping/and cold air box

x1pVAWEBW9yDL9gtAZ1e3EBKNPdozyoPVObhjhNuolN9S1hkPTZnEcVnorrFulYWzyW7ngEZgIlklJMiktXk5HTzUae5ka2kzfNvePtDENTetc

My transmission was never serviced. I am nearing 60,000 miles on it and the only thing I've done to it is the oil change, cleaning out my air filter, replaced cabin filter a few times already, and regular tire rotation. I do a lot of freeway driving and gone through a set of tires already. Ha, even my brakes have never been changed out yet thanks to the freeway. I hardly every commute in the city streets except to get off when it's near my work, groceries, fast food, gas, stores, etc. Otherwise, I'll drive on the freeway even if I have to get off the very next exit :p

Oh, it's an automatic transmission which is why I'm concerned about the transmission fluid.

LambOfGod said:
Here is a pic of my homemade intake/heatshields/sparkplug cover/intercooler piping/and cold air box

x1pVAWEBW9yDL9gtAZ1e3EBKNPdozyoPVObhjhNuolN9S1hkPTZnEcVnorrFulYWzyW7ngEZgIlklJMiktXk5HTzUae5ka2kzfNvePtDENTetc

I like it. Also, I have a question for ya. Is the 4G63 motor the 6 bolt while the 420A is the 7 bolt? Or do I have it completely wrong?

TRDCorolla said:
My transmission was never serviced. I am nearing 60,000 miles on it and the only thing I've done to it is the oil change, cleaning out my air filter, replaced cabin filter a few times already, and regular tire rotation. I do a lot of freeway driving and gone through a set of tires already. Ha, even my brakes have never been changed out yet thanks to the freeway. I hardly every commute in the city streets except to get off when it's near my work, groceries, fast food, gas, stores, etc. Otherwise, I'll drive on the freeway even if I have to get off the very next exit :p

Oh, it's an automatic transmission which is why I'm concerned about the transmission fluid.

Personally i wouldn't worry about it right now, Since you are very easy on your car i probably wouldnt do that until 100K

I mean it wont hurt to do it now, if you have the time or money go for it, but its not needed.

The auto trannies that i have changed have a filter that needs to be replaced as well, make sure you have everything you need before you start the project.

:)

cabbspapp said:
I like it. Also, I have a question for ya. Is the 4G63 motor the 6 bolt while the 420A is the 7 bolt? Or do I have it completely wrong?

Thanks, i put alot of time into it, The 4g63T can be 6 Bolt or 7 Bolt.

the 6 Bolt 4g63T was put in DSMs from late 1989- to Late 1992.

The 7 Bolt 4g63T was put in DSMs from Late 1992 to 1999.

The 6Bolt is stronger than the 7 Bolt, It has Stronger (bigger) rods. That can take more abuse, the 7 Bolt has higher compression pistions.

People will swap the 6Bolt motor into the Late 1992+ cars.

My car has the 6Bolt Engine

The 4g63T is Currently in the Lancer Evolutions

(the 420A motor is from a dodge neon (and is found in the 1995-1999 DSMs), and is the Non turbo motor. It does not come close to the potential of the 4g63)

Back
Top Bottom