Dvd Drive Problem!

coolguy1

Baseband Member
I got a Toshiba notebook. It got a DVD multidrive. It suddenly stopped working. I mean, I cant see it in the display of MY COMPUTER, nor anywhere. Though I can open and close it. I tried re-installing the DRIVES, but didnt help it. Though I can try again if that seems to be the problem.I'm not sure what could be the problem. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Heres a simple thing to try. Put a disc in the drive, and tell me if ya hear it spin up. If ya cant hear it then its a dead drive mate

Raffaz, that doesn't mean it's dead. It may be a loosen connection. I'd suggest to open up the laptop and press firmly on the wires. If that won't do, it's dead.

Its not spinning. And one more point, The DVD drive comes out totally and a screw is missing(which makes it attached inside). I repaired some other problem 2-3 months back and there might be a reason that he forgot to replace the screw of the drive. Can that be the problem?

Well, knowing that the fact you've done something and forgetting a screw or two ( I do that all the time on PCs :p) could be enough maybe to make the CD/DVD drive not ready in the laptop. It may be a possibility, but it won't mean a 100% yes.

lhuser said:
Raffaz, that doesn't mean it's dead. It may be a loosen connection. I'd suggest to open up the laptop and press firmly on the wires. If that won't do, it's dead.

His first post says it opens and closes so there is power, and if you put a disc in with power connected it will spin regardless of it having a different loose wire

Raffaz said:
His first post says it opens and closes so there is power, and if you put a disc in with power connected it will spin regardless of it having a different loose wire
Yeah, I forgot. I thought they wouldn't spin. They usually do spin.

Coolguy, you will need to by another CD/DVD drive from Toshiba.

Well, check for a loosen connection in the laptop. There should be a way to open up the laptop from the keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom