FS: Play Computer Built For Vista

CBFryman

Solid State Member
I built this computer for Vista, tried Vista out, and then put a copy of XP home on it.

-2.2gHz Processor with 500mHz FSB (IIRC)
-512mb PC3100 RAM
-160gB HD Space from Two Western Digital 80gigs
-Asus Motherboard
-Classic Style Case
-DVD/CD RW
-Powersupply with SADA connections (for upgradeing if you wish)

Asking for $270 shipped and I am open to offers.

It will come fully loaded with your chosen username with windows activated and all updates ran (including internet explorer updates) along with Adobe and WinZip already installed.

It is very quick surfing the internet. It is cheap, fast, with a lot of space. :)

DCP_2179.jpg

DCP_2180.jpg

It's a Rat's Nest. I know. I will clean it up before I ship it.

Untitled.jpg

CBFryman@hotmail.com

Built for Vista, yes. For it's premium features (which in sense, means its 64 bit version)? No.

Still a decent computer nonetheless.

I installed the 32bit version to see how it would work with my older programs.

None the less Vista isnt for me. The system requirements are way to high, with minimum requirements met it is way too slow, and small things anouy me with Vista. Im giving Microsoft 2-3 years before I upgrade. Maybe then some decently fast processors and RAM will be avalable to keep Vista running fast.

It was actually no faster than my Pentium 3, 256meg, XP computer I am on right now. XP is WAY faster on this machiene.

IMO, Microsoft has a good thing going with XP...if they dump XP in the next few years they will be sorry. Good OS system, if you are a completer computer n00b...in which case buy Apple.

By reminded, mine is a trial version and feedback like that is what microsoft was looking for from its OEM Builders (which my dad's buiness is one of, how I got ahold of the software). Microsoft may fix the little annoyances and some of the slowness by the time it is intended to be released early next year. :)

/rant

Depending on what you have.

I'm trying to get cash for my stereo (doing two 15's in my truck with 3,000w. www.stereointegrity.com). If it is something I could sell elsewhere quick or something that strikes my fancy I may be interested.

Bump

Price drop. $265 Shipped

I did a tally on the other forum. These are geusstimate prices. Some may be a tad low or high.

-P4S8X-MX Motherboard: $50
-512 MB PC3100 RAM: $60
-Two (2) Western Digital 80gB Drives: $50
-Intell Pentium 4 2.2gHz processor: $70
-Windows XP Home Edition: $70
-DVD/CD-RW Drive: $30
-Power Supply and Case: $50
-Keyboard & Mouse: $15

Total: $395 Individually priced.

Back
Top Bottom