My sister's laptop won't turn on...Help please

Prot

Beta member
My sister just yesterday has been on her laptop since last year...the computer worked fine since yesterday. She doesn't use the laptop all day just couple hours a day.

I don't know exactly what happened and hoping some of you guys might know. She said that "there was a battery button lower right of the screen and there was a red mark (error? maybe) says she needed a new battery or something" She brought her laptop up to me last night and I coudln't figure out until today, so I'm asking for help right now.

Her laptop info:
Toshiba Satellite M30X

Is it true that you need a new battery? I'm pretty good with computers but I don't recall anyone saying you need a new battery for your laptop, I thought it was rechargable and you don't need to buy it ever.

PS- her laptop was fully charged when this happened, right now it's sitting on my lap plugged in the wall and I tried pressing the power button for 20+ seconds...no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Concider buying a new battery as a backup just in case anyway and try the new one out if this is the problem then it would be a dead battery, but if you think about it you will not really be loosing out because it's always good to have a spare, plus it would rule out alot about the battery if it's not the battery then it would branch of to more questions...

Just give it a go if you can't find out..

Hope I helped

hmm, why do you need a spare battery for your laptop?

I thought the battery was rechargable?

Yeah it is but in cases like this..... also I heard of alot of problems with batteries going dud after a certain period etc, if you try it out or something and rule the battery out unless somone else has a better explanation.

A laptop battery is just like any other rechargeable battery. Eventually it dies and ya need a new one. Try removing the battery from the laptop for 5 mins then connecting it again and see if it will restart then

Laptop batteries die after a certain amount of usage. Try taking out the battery from the laptop and then plugging it into an outlet.

Back
Top Bottom