Need a new PSU

d_source said:
Thanks for your responses eveyone:

Raffaz, Have you ever heard of Antec having problems with Asus mobo's? I see your currently using the seasonic PSU with urs now. I have seen seasonic out there while searching and didnt really think they were a good brand, but after reading reviews they look to be top notch like Antec. However they do seem to be a bit more expnsive.
THX.

I used to have the Antec supply in another Asus build and never had any problems with it, and ive never heard of anyone having problems with them either. Seasonic are definately one of the best brands out there, and thats not just my opinion, there are tons of reviews that are saying the same. According to the reviews they are the most efficient PSU out there.

^^^Thanks for the tip on seasonic. I know they are one of the best out there, and there prices reflect that, I havent been able to find any from them with the specs i want and in my price range. Cheapest i have found is about $120, which is over $30 more than the sliverstone one i found (which has more power). I'm in canada, we dont have as many options as in the US. :(

Besides, in the link provided by d52477001, and in all the reviews i read, Silverstone is a highly respectable company as well. The only reason this PSu hasnt been purchased as much is b/c it used to be priced to high, but for some reason its cheaper in canada now than in the US. It has dropped almost $40...

d_source said:
^^^Thanks for the tip on seasonic. I know they are one of the best out there, and there prices reflect that, I havent been able to find any from them with the specs i want and in my price range. Cheapest i have found is about $120, which is over $30 more than the sliverstone one i found (which has more power). I'm in canada, we dont have as many options as in the US. :(

Besides, in the link provided by d52477001, and in all the reviews i read, Silverstone is a highly respectable company as well. The only reason this PSu hasnt been purchased as much is b/c it used to be priced to high, but for some reason its cheaper in canada now than in the US. It has dropped almost $40...

Im in the UK and have no problem getting hold of seasonic. As for silverstone i regard them as an excellent brand for HTPC cases, never tried, or know of anyone who has tried a PSU by them

Update: I bought the silverstone spider from Canada Computers. I bought it on monday and they still agve me the 5% off fromt he weekend only sale, lucky for me. Works well, is quiet and seems to perform good under load. My 3DMark05 score went up quite dramatically, but my 3dmark03 score didnt really change.

Only thing is that i didnt know my 2x 6600GTs dont come with the plug to the PSU, so it was kind of a waste to get a PSU thats SLI certified. I guess 6600GTs dont have the power plug b/c they really dont use that much extra power, anyone know if this is true? What kind of video card is needed in order to get the power plug?

Back
Top Bottom