Good ibook buy?

ya i'd go for it. thats a pretty good deal. keep in mind that the 500mhz processor will seem a lot faster than that.

yeah thats why i';m intrested in it, i want to give macs a try since i'm a PC guy. Ive heard good feed back from those guys i guess ill put in a bid :)

Don't do it, Kyle.

G3 laptops are fine if you want to run Mac OS 8 (which is now outdated, by the way), but they're slow as hell if you want to run the latest version of Mac OS X. You might as well buy a Pentium 2 desktop and run Windows 3.1. =/

I'd rather go for the new Core 2 Duo MacBooks.

WTF IS WRONG WIT U PPL. U GUYS THINK A G3 500MHZ PROCESSOR IS SLOW. WELL U GOT PROBLEMS CUZ IT RUNS OSX REALLY WELL. i got a g3 mac last week, 400mhz 512mb of ram, and it runs mac os x faster than my pc running mac os x. so dont talk if you dont know the situation.

johns right

and look man

do you know how ebay works? do you know how bidding works? theres 3 hours left, and 21 bids... that's going to skyrocket in the next 3 hours, you definitely wont get it for 180.

john123 said:
WTF IS WRONG WIT U PPL. U GUYS THINK A G3 500MHZ PROCESSOR IS SLOW. WELL U GOT PROBLEMS CUZ IT RUNS OSX REALLY WELL. i got a g3 mac last week, 400mhz 512mb of ram, and it runs mac os x faster than my pc running mac os x. so dont talk if you dont know the situation.

capslock.jpg

Caps lock key - Turn it off.

Anyway, I have a PowerBook G3 with 256 MB of RAM, and it can barely run Jaguar. The battery life isn't that great either.

yeah i know, but right now i'm bidding on another g3

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320047906858&rd=1&rd=1

so far i havent seen anyone with an older mac that couldnt run os X good. Maybe not the latest version but they all could do it. As long as they had more than 128 megs of ram it seemed like they were very plesaed with it. I'm looking for a laptop to
1- play around with the mac
2- use it for basic stuff ( internet , trypin up assigments, msn , maybe some editing with the cool software os X comes with)
and i want all this under 250 MAXXXX since i want to build up some cash for a new PC when vista comes out !! yay!!!!!

tell me what you guys think about my buy

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom