Just built a computer: Do I need anything else?

toole13

In Runtime
I just built my own computer. Here are my parts:

PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2 GHz 1 MB L2 Cache Socket 939

MOTHERBOARD: Foxconn NF4SK8AA-8KRS Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD

MEMORY (RAM): Wintec AMPO 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Model 3AMD1400-1GB1-R

HARD DRIVE (HDD): Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0 GB/s

GRAPHICS CARD: ASUS EN6200TC256/TD/64M Geforce 6200 TC supporting 256MB (64MB onboard) 64-bit DDR PCI-e x16

CASE: PowerUp Black ATX Mid-Tower Case w/ Clear Side, Front USB and Audio Ports and 450-W Power Supply

DVD-BURNER: Samsung 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with 12X DVD-RAM Write Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model SH-S182D

I already have a keyboard, mouse, and speakers. I have an old CRT monitor that is ok for now, but I'm looking for an LCD and I am wanting to run 2 screens. Is there anything else I should buy to have a good workstation? Any programs that anyone suggests?

Nero
Office (Open office works)

Besides that two 17s or even two 19s would be nice :) I know a guy that runs two 20s he is happy :) (Lucky bastard)

I have Office. What is Nero? Also, I haven't installed the OS yet and I have a version of WinXP that is already installed on another computer. Can I use it for my new computer? I know I won't be able to get internet updates, and I will probably buy WinXp Prof. when the prices drop when Vista comes out. Thanks for the fast reply.

When you get the extra money i would consider replacing the psu as most psu's that come with a case are crap otherwise you have a decient setup

Nero is burning software for cd/dvds also you can watch movies on the nero Showtime, depending if you get the ultra edition

toole13 said:
I have Office. What is Nero? Also, I haven't installed the OS yet and I have a version of WinXP that is already installed on another computer. Can I use it for my new computer? I know I won't be able to get internet updates, and I will probably buy WinXp Prof. when the prices drop when Vista comes out. Thanks for the fast reply.

That sucks how you can't get updates because Microsoft is constantly validating the PCs now online. So basically it comes down to buying a new OS if you plan on running 2+ PCs with Windows XP (I think). Windows Vista should be fine to use when it comes out. Computer companies are planning on preinstalling Vista on all new PCs by the time Vista hit the shelves, so it should be ok to use. If there were major problems with the new OS, then there's got to be a massive recall or service pack release for them right away.

I also need the driver for Samsung DVD-Master 8E MODEL SD-608. Does anyone know where to get it?

Back
Top Bottom