Delay in sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookfield

Golden Master
This morning I composed a message on CF at 7.50, pressed send, nothing happened, I checked & there was activity, it got to two bars, & there it stopped, & was still there when the AVG scan started ten minutes later at 8 am, this takes 20 minutes on average, so I had breakfast, came back at 8.40 & it went immediately, so what the?

It could be that your anti virus had started download / installing updates. My computer goes really slow when my anti virus is updating. Or perhaps your internet connection was temporarily down / very slow for some reason.

The Sheep said:
It could be that your anti virus had started download / installing updates. My computer goes really slow when my anti virus is updating. Or perhaps your internet connection was temporarily down / very slow for some reason.
Thanks, but if you re-read it, it got stuck, immobile, ten full minutes before AVG started at it's regular time of 8 am, so it wasn't that, I know how slow it runs then, so it could have been a slow connection, as you said.

My guess is you just had a bad connection to the server for a short period of time. Happens to me sometimes, I have to keep clicking it for it to work.

^Mike^ said:
My guess is you just had a bad connection to the server for a short period of time. Happens to me sometimes, I have to keep clicking it for it to work.
Mmmm, sounds the likeliest, although repeated clicking had absolutely no effect, it stopped at 3 bars & that was it, I checked, the screen hadn't frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom