Throw away your graphics cards...

alvino said:
The GPU die is FREAKING humongous. Anandtech even put an Intel Kentsfield CPU in comparison and this die totally engulfs it. T

you also have to remember about the amount of power the DIE has to dissipate. I work for a company that designs CATV amplifiers and splitters, they provide up to 32dB of gain across the entire CATV spectrum while being able to handle an output power of at most 62dBmV which is a lot for an IC smaller then your pinky nail(about 1/3 the size of your nail)...but if you were to double the size of that DIE and still provide the same gain...you could probably increase the output power capabilities by at least 25% while lowering distortion and making it more reliable and run cooler...

it would also increase the price because DIE size on wafers runs up a bit...but...what im saying is the bigger the size doesnt always make it bad...

just a thought though...ohh and PS im only in my third year out of 5 years at Drexel University for electrical engineering so I dont know everything I was just pointing out some stuff that i learned...

-KJ

Nice. :) Hope you do well.

CompMan said:
I am 16, and its not a waste of money I am trying to keep my computer updated as much as possible.

Wow...I'm sorry if I'm being an asshole, but you sir, have the worst logic I have ever seen.

You're probably rich to keep a high-end computer updated every quarter. Seriously...you already have TWO 7950 GX2's in SLI and you're planning to buy two 8800's? You should just donate the money to charity or fund. It'll do more good there than in your pockets and some kid out there living in poverty will have more of something. I would rather see that than have people with your type of logic go and waste money like that. What a shame...

CompMan said:
I am 16, and its not a waste of money I am trying to keep my computer updated as much as possible.
if you wanted to keep your computer up to date you ya shoul have waited for the ati chips to come out cos as freestyler105
said they are rumored to have clock speeds of 1ghz or higher

u can get a GTX off newegg for $650. was there yesterday

and dont buy it now, wait for ati's card to come out so the price will go down. also, if u dont want to spend 700 on just the video card, the X1950XTX and 7900GTX/7950GX2 will be going way down quite soon.

I can't see spending all that money on a graphics card because it's "new" unless you use it for your job (content creation, high end graphics design etc.) or if you're a super high end gamer who has a lot of money to blow away. I only have an ATI radeon X300 and that does alright for what I do, but I do plan on getting a 7600GT sometime soon because they are decently priced and they have everything I need and more. If you want to go spend all that money on a GPU then go right ahead, I just see no point in it unless your current card is extremely outdated.

Compman, since you are getting two new cards, wanna sell those two cards? :) and being 16, unless you make money from those cards, spend the money on something that will last, like car or a home. But you know what, its' your money so go for it, I just wanna take advantage of you selling the other ones. :)

CompMan said:
I just bought one!! eventually two!!

far too much money, far too little sense and yeah what are you going to do with that geforce 7950 GX2? sell it or bin it?

Back
Top Bottom