Lan party

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
It was great, we have a 16 man switch, but we ran out of space, with 20 PCs, so we had to go to the store (luckily I went with them) we bought a new switch and a cripper, and i had some RJ-45s from school (everyone thought I was stupid for demanding it) then when we got to the lan party again they tried plugging in a reg internet cable to connect the two routers, it didn't work :)

So i then said give me the wire, and made a crossover tossed it up and boom.

We played a mod on BF 1942 called "Pirates" really great, you drive around a ship, guard forts and have muskets and stuff. Was a lot of fun.

We are combing two lan group for the next party, Will be a big one, we are all donating to buy a 24 man switch or something.

Prob going need something like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833320404

Next lan party we expect at least 30 people. In fact we spent a hour tonight figuring out how we going fit everything in the space we got.

Nik00117 said:
It was great, we have a 16 man switch, but we ran out of space, with 20 PCs, so we had to go to the store (luckily I went with them) we bought a new switch and a cripper, and i had some RJ-45s from school (everyone thought I was stupid for demanding it) then when we got to the lan party again they tried plugging in a reg internet cable to connect the two routers, it didn't work :)

So i then said give me the wire, and made a crossover tossed it up and boom.

We played a mod on BF 1942 called "Pirates" really great, you drive around a ship, guard forts and have muskets and stuff. Was a lot of fun.

We are combing two lan group for the next party, Will be a big one, we are all donating to buy a 24 man switch or something.

Prob going need something like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833320404

Next lan party we expect at least 30 people. In fact we spent a hour tonight figuring out how we going fit everything in the space we got.

wow wish i new where you live so i could come i would pwn you :p

Nik00117 said:
Heh I got a big lan party on the 17th as well.

come on man quit danglin it in front of my face.....if i get enough money when im older(and friends lol,jk)i want 4 xb360's setup like at zero hour (not sure if you seen it on G4,in fact i prob am the only one who saw it (just guessing))

Coming home was interseting. I had brought 2 rigs, 1 crt, 1 LCD, 2 keyboard & Mouse with extra wires etc.

He had brought 2 rigs, 2 CRts, same thing as men.

We had to fit it in a small car, lets just say I had 2 rigs, and 4 keyboard and mouses sitting in my lap the way home.

Nik00117 said:
Coming home was interseting. I had brought 2 rigs, 1 crt, 1 LCD, 2 keyboard & Mouse with extra wires etc.

He had brought 2 rigs, 2 CRts, same thing as men.

We had to fit it in a small car, lets just say I had 2 rigs, and 4 keyboard and mouses sitting in my lap the way home.

hahaha i laugh at your computer sitting on lapedness

ha me and my friend are having a lan party soon, and we are gonna make the cables... I'll make sure to make a couple crossovers, just incase, cuz we are using 3 routers (with ip assaigning disabled on all but one), and a 24 port switch.

Erm, crossover is only for switch to switch I believe let me look it up in my CISCO course.

Router to Router
Switch to Switch
Should work on a crossover.

I hate cable making bTW i suck at it.

Back
Top Bottom