CSS, urgent help please.

amanat69

In Runtime
Hey guys,

My uncle just started playing CSS, i went around to his house to sort out the game and change settings etc. When i went into options to changed his monitor settings from 800 X 600 to a higher setting, it adjusted but then came up with 'signal output out of range'. Basically i think that the monitor cant handle the higher resolution, but we've uninstalled and installed but it hasnt helped. I dont know how to change the settings back to 800 X 600. I would really really really appreciate help. Thanks.

Just boot into safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly at startup, till you get a menu up, then select safe mode and change it in there(it will look strange but thats normal) then reboot the pc and it should be fine

amanat69 said:
thanks for response. Yeah but i cant get into the game from there can i?

No but once ya reset ya resolution back in safe mode, ya will be to reboot, and play as normal

yeah, but cant the resolution be changed in normal mode - sorry i'm really confused, i can change the resolution by clicking on the desktop, properties, settings etc. But i want to be able to change the in game resolution settings, and i cant get into it... how will it work in safe mode :S ? sorry...

Ah right ive got ya now, its the game resolution ya need changed and not the OS resolution. IM not totally sure about that, as i never use my pc for gaming, im guessing there will be a settings file somewhere, and ya should be to edit that.

Okay, well I'd try to see is the Steam won't have the settings in the game before you change it back. Like, open Steam, try to gain CS:S settings from there.

Back
Top Bottom