problem with ram (computer)

AlexF1224 said:
Heres your problem: You purchased PC 3200 RAM. However, your motherboard only supports up to PC 2700 RAM. You are going to buy a different RAM stick.

Any of these should work: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Category=17&N=2010170147+1052407860+1052307858&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=147

Actually, memory speed doesnt matter. If you put a higher speed memory on a lower speed memory motherboard, the new memory will operate either at the highest compatible speed suppoted by the motherboard or operate at the speed of the other memory modules. For example, I recently put in a PC 3200 with a PC 2100 (to make 1 gig) and the new memory (by design) falls back to 2100.

To jamster,
What is the STOP error you are seeing when you load xp? To see the STOP error, access the boot menu and select "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Write down the error code that appears and any descriptive information (should appear the line before the code in caps)

AnonymousI said:
Actually, memory speed doesnt matter. If you put a higher speed memory on a lower speed memory motherboard, the new memory will operate either at the highest compatible speed suppoted by the motherboard or operate at the speed of the other memory modules. For example, I recently put in a PC 3200 with a PC 2100 (to make 1 gig) and the new memory (by design) falls back to 2100.

Really? My friend had a problem like this a year back, and thats what the company told him.

Eh, you learn something new everyday.

Back
Top Bottom