witch anti-virus?

LambOfGod said:
What Types and Versions of mcafee have you had trouble with?
I tried Mcafee Virus scan which came on my old emachines PC back in 2002 or 2003. I tried Mcafee Internet Security 2004, Mcafee Antivirus 2005, and Mcafee Antivirus 2006 (came on my Dell PC). I haven't tried 2007 yet but all the other versions I've tried in the past led to crashes and weird behavior on my computer. I've heard 2007 is better but I'm not giving it a try due to my past experiences with mcafee, and because mcafee products tend to use up too many resources.

troy272 said:
I tried Mcafee Virus scan which came on my old emachines PC back in 2002 or 2003. I tried Mcafee Internet Security 2004, Mcafee Antivirus 2005, and Mcafee Antivirus 2006 (came on my Dell PC). I haven't tried 2007 yet but all the other versions I've tried in the past led to crashes and weird behavior on my computer. I've heard 2007 is better but I'm not giving it a try due to my past experiences with mcafee, and because mcafee products tend to use up too many resources.

I have used corporate versions of Mcafee such as ASAP and On-Access

They are stripped down compared to the versions you have used. This one currently is using about 26MB of Ram, overall they are very reliable, and i have very rarely had problems with it, In many different environments, on different machines, throughout many years.

But i have used Internet security and i dont like it either

I would recommend NOD32, but you sure can't beat AVG or Avast's price tag. :D

Norton isn't even worth buying now. Symantec has really brought it down the shit hole. It hogs resources and even the freeware programs out there do a better job catching viruses than Norton does.

LambOfGod said:
I have used corporate versions of Mcafee such as ASAP and On-Access

They are stripped down compared to the versions you have used. This one currently is using about 26MB of Ram, overall they are very reliable, and i have very rarely had problems with it, In many different environments, on different machines, throughout many years.

But i have used Internet security and i dont like it either
I've never tried the mcafee enterprise editions before. I'll have to go and take a look at them and see what they have to offer.

i am now trying NOD 32 the repare shop told me that acording to then it is the best so! thank's to all for your help

Back
Top Bottom