Big Problem

kjman87

Daemon Poster
O.K. so my sister went to move her computer yesterday just outlet to outlet, and when she plugged it back it it was almost like her CMOS battery was removed because she had to reset her time and everything but windows still booted up fine and everything....

She then went to sign onto AIM and her wireless card driver had been deleted...she then went to look at her pictures and they had all been deleted....She then calls me crying because her computer had deleted all of her pictures...

Is there any way to get those pictures back...i mean she still has MOST of her applications, though some have been deleted and all her user settings are still loaded...

TIA

-KJ

Give this a try,
when a file is normally deleted all the computer is doing is telling the HD that that space where your picture was is now free to write on. so this means that the acctual file is still there but windows is just viewing it as free space. So if you havent written anything to it yet, it should still be there
heres a program I found , I've never personally tryed it but it looks reliable.

Kyle

Best program ive used for data recovery is getdataback. Its not free, but its the best IMO

and i dont need to previously install this to obtain the data that was lost?

just incase that wasnt clear

i dont need to install this as a preemptive thing, like i can install this today and get the data from 2 weeks ago?

kjman87 said:
and i dont need to previously install this to obtain the data that was lost?

just incase that wasnt clear

i dont need to install this as a preemptive thing, like i can install this today and get the data from 2 weeks ago?

Yeah thats right, there are 2 versions tho. One for FAT and one for NTFS, so make sure ya get the right one

Back
Top Bottom