amd athlon 64 mobile processor 3500

compnerd1

Beta member
Im getting a pc for the kids for christmas it has the usual stuff like dual layer dvd re-writer drive,160GB hard drive&1GB DDR RAM.But Im just wondering if anyone can help me as it has the above named processor ie "amd athlon 64 mobile processor 3500". Im just wondering would it be a safe enough option as Ive never heard of this type of processor?any response would be welcome as im clueless about this,cheers :confused:

I'm acutally repairing a system for my company now with that processor! I had to restore it to factory defaults (compaq). The svchost.exe file was constantly running at 100%. It seems fine now after a rebuild. He may have had a lot of malware, spyware etc. Go with Intel. AMDs get too hot and over heat very easy. A big amount of differences, but AMD is better with L2 cache. You don't have to reset your computer to reset your L2 with AMD. With Intel on the other hand, you do.

What are they going to be using the pc for? Anything cpu intensive like gaming? If not it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom