I cant share folders or print on pc - plz help!!!

Man, your computer sounds really messed up, like you've deleted files and turned services off that shouldn't be. How long have you been running on that installation of windows?

EDIT Been running windows xp pro less than a month (its the second pc down in my sig) :D All other pcs working fine/ok on win xp, bin runnin sum of them since xp was new.
BTW the sound card is CT4620, not what I said earlier - gona try this now
I still cant find anything to disable sound in the BIOS though :(

w00t got the sound working with the CT4620 (got driver off the site u gave me). Mobo sound still aint working... dont know why. Im sure a total reformat will fix it in the future, or just buyin a new board. Thanks loads for help LambOfGod :p. Whenether i run media player i get error internal error, but i might need to reinstall it after reinstalling xp over top of another xp. Im going to go to bed now, but ill try and get rid of netware crap.

Once again thanks :D
Tom

I got rid of netware by installing and then removing it again. The only thing that is not working is the onboard sound now, im not sure how to switch it on... ive installed, reinstalled, unistalled the drivers -tried using windows as well - but i still get the error 'This device could not be started [Code 10]', and i cant find anything in the BIOS to enable/disable the device - will there be an option in the BIOS?

Thx

thomas49th said:
I got rid of netware by installing and then removing it again. The only thing that is not working is the onboard sound now, im not sure how to switch it on... ive installed, reinstalled, unistalled the drivers -tried using windows as well - but i still get the error 'This device could not be started [Code 10]', and i cant find anything in the BIOS to enable/disable the device - will there be an option in the BIOS?

Thx

There most definetly should be an option in the BIOS.

Do you have a manual? if not you can probally download the manual of Asus website Its probally in PDF format (you will need adobe reader)

but look through the motherboard manual if will show you everything in BIOS.

Ok ive just looked at the online manual for ya mobo. Ya audio options are in advanced > chipset > southbridge mate. HTH

(sry for the delay)

The sound was already enabled, yet the pc cannot start the device :(. Must be windows fault (as it happened just after i installed windows other the top of the same version).

thomas49th said:
(sry for the delay)

The sound was already enabled, yet the pc cannot start the device :(. Must be windows fault (as it happened just after i installed windows other the top of the same version).

Are you going to try to reinstall?

I think i would..

Back
Top Bottom