I cant share folders or print on pc - plz help!!!

Nope, remote print, i will try putting on a local one, but im not sure it'll work. For example, as soon as i click add print in the print dialog of notepad, i get
'Operation could not be completed' and the spools service is disabled, File sharing worked for a while, until I think I accidently remove clients for microsoft network, and i cant install it again or clients for netware networks. I dont know what the matter with it is. Thanks for the tutorial, but im aware of how to file share :D, map network drives etc. It's just one of my computers is busted up :mad: and i can't be bothered to reformat and install allll the software again (its the pc second down on my signature)

Ok then Try this::: Rip the entire TCP/IP protocal suite and the rest of the protocals you have installed and reinstall the whole package with the XP install disk.

Check the Windows services (start -> run -> services.msc) and make sure that the Remote Procedure Call service is started. I think it should be set to Automatic as well. That sounds like a possible source of the problem.

Thx ceannfeachd, but i already tried. I went with LambOfGod's idea, the pc is now able to print and share folder, but i still cant use the logon screen and even more importantly I have NO sound!!!!! :( I get the error device failed to start [code 10]. I tried installing the drivers and removing then, unistalling the device from device manager and it didn't work. I set the bios back to deafult options. I tried putting in a sound card. I cant find the drivers online so i used window's. No luck :(. It apparently is working fine, but i get no sound in any output. Im going to try LambOfGod's idea again. If it failed i have no other option but to reformat :(

As far as your sound problems go, when you installed the PCI sound card did you disable the onboard sound in the BIOS?

are there any make/model #s on the sound card *look hard*

www.driverguide.com i have found hard to find drivers there.

when you tried to use the onboard sound, your *sure* it was enabled in the BIOS? (probally be under intergrated devices)

make sure you have the drivers for your onboard sound as well,

should be with your motherboard CD.
or google the board make and model, or post it up here and we can find the drivers for you.

same with the sound card.

As far as a login screen, can you be a little more descriptive.
do you want the family style XP login, or more corporate style login?

hi it's an ASUS a8v-vm. Im not sure what option to set in bios, though i did check in intergrated components or devices thing, didn't know which one to press. Couldn't find anything on disable/enable the onboard sound in bios

As for the login screen, i want the family style, i get a message saying somthing along the lines of:

welcome screen has been disabled by netware. To use it uninstall clients for netware - which i have done (from network connections propeties).

Any suggestions. I will check that driver site

Thanks

thomas49th said:
hi it's an ASUS a8v-vm. Im not sure what option to set in bios, though i did check in intergrated components or devices thing, didn't know which one to press. Couldn't find anything on disable/enable the onboard sound in bios

As for the login screen, i want the family style, i get a message saying somthing along the lines of:

welcome screen has been disabled by netware. To use it uninstall clients for netware - which i have done (from network connections propeties).

Any suggestions. I will check that driver site

Thanks

This is Novell Netware correct?

google check for an uninstall utility.
If it is netware usually i find the client uninstall in add/remove programs...

this is the info on your Onboard audio

ADI AD1986A 6-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
Jack Sensing

Here is a link to the AudioDriver

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A8V-VM

(PS go back into BIOS and look through intergrated periphials it should be in there) Make sure its *enabled*

EDIT: and pull your PCI sound card also.

Back
Top Bottom