need help pz

If its blocked, its blocked for a reason. There are heaps of ways i've found our kids trying to get passed our filter..but the funny thing is i'm sat watching what they are going on and blocking it so its pointless and plus they get into trouble soo. There is one way which will bypass our filter i dont think its a good idea to share though lol ;)

LoG ... have you given credit to other users that you've "hijacked" info from? Don't ask for it unless you're willing to give it all the same. You make a valid point that turning a thread into something else is wrong, I give you that (notice the credit being given). However ... I think it's necessary that everyone knows your M.O.

Moving on.

well they blocked the internet access except to some specific sites like bbc.co.uk...

ive looked around the internet for ways to bypass the filter and found out you can with an ssh client..

however, this requires a remote host to be opened all day right?
i dont think i can do that because i only have one computer..

thus i was wondering, maybe if i went on my internet explorer's lan options and changed the port to which i connected to the proxy to.. aka my lan game's port, could i access the internet 100% through that gaming port which is opened on my network??

or is this certain port only opened because im not connecting to the proxy when i play lan games, but to the other comps on the network??

noojoo said:
well they blocked the internet access except to some specific sites like bbc.co.uk...

ive looked around the internet for ways to bypass the filter and found out you can with an ssh client..

thus i was wondering, maybe if i went on my internet explorer's lan options and changed the port to which i connected to the proxy to.. aka my lan game's port, could i access the internet 100% through that gaming port which is opened on my network??

or is this certain port only opened because im not connecting to the proxy when i play lan games, but to the other comps on the network??

This likely wont work as their routers will deny ALL HTTP traffic, or they will redirect ALL HTTP traffic to a proxy server, and than that proxy will than filter all HTTP traffic.

noojoo said:

And if you do end up getting through i would be careful.
All that network traffic in and out will be logged by the firewall, and depending on how strict the administrator is around there: hey may come down on you..

Let us know if it works

yeah.. well, im not sure that really helps..

is it possible to use an ssh client and tunnel (using socks) to some random dude's computer halfway round the world's remote host... and use his internet connection?

because, im sure theres a way to get by... for instance, when i type google.com into the address bar i can see the ip address of google pop on the bottom left hand side of the webpage..

also, i can tracert and ping google!

thus, i think it is a software blocker, and there MUST be some way to get past this?

isnt there some type of http encryption through socks protocol program? or am i just talking nonsense??

:D thanx guyzz

Back
Top Bottom