Reset button help

nick_w

In Runtime
My son is always pressing the comp buttons and keeps resetting the computer. Is there any way i can make it so a window pops up 1st asking me if i want to restart it, like i have done to the power button setup

help.jpg

Also if i want my comp to stop lagging so much wat piece of hardware would i need?

thanks

Ok heres a few things..youve already got whatyou need for the power button, seems like you have that under control. Next..to make your comp not lag at STARTUP
Go to Start : Run : Msconfig --- Uncheck all unused items that you dont need when your computer starts up..this will make you have a faster boot up.
Next Go to Start : Control Panel : Appearence : Display ---- Go to the tab Appearence
And under windows xp and buttons change that to windows classic
Might make the computer look like crap (windows 98 style..old school). But its worth it if your computer lags alot..basicly thats making it so all memory goes tword running processes..not twords your desktop or anything.

could always disonnect the reset switch, that would keep him from pushing it. most of the time you really don't need it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom