Need help with my website

I have added the field eye color to my database, i then went to the index.php page and added $eye color, i then tried to add a text box to the sign up page for eye color but when i go on the sign up page nothing comes up at all, so i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Ok...I'm not really sure where to start. What do you mean you added "$eye color" to index.php? Did you add a text input field to the sign up page? I'm not sure how much experience you have in web development, but from the sound of it, not a lot.

I don't mean to come off as an ass or anything, but your best bet might be to maybe hold off on this project and try to learn more about PHP/MySQL development, or either pay someone to do this for you, or find someone who has the time to do it for you for free.

If you need more specific help, just post away. Good luck!

If you go through everything on:

http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/

It should give you more than enough knowledge to de what you want to accomplish..
I agree with what has been said before, you are best of learning some html, php and sql, and then making the changes yourself. Even with just a little bit of knowledge you can already start making big changes, plus you might find it very enjoyable. Look at that link I gave you, go through all the tutorials, and it shouldnt be a problem at all. And if you do get stuck with a specific problem, you can always ask here..

ok thank you for your help, i actually already know html, php/mysql are new to me, so i will go through them and see if i can make the changes i want.

I couldnt get on the website, so i read another tutorial, after i had read that i decided to have a go at it.. so far i have added a field called eye colour to my database table which is called members, i am using PHP my admin, so after i have added the field eye colour with all the neccessary data, what do i need to do? I have an idea but i do not want to mess it up, Get back to me as quick as possible please,

Regards

Well, what where you thinking of doing? You say you have an idea, but you dont want to mess up. Just make a backup copy of what you have now, and give what you where thinking a try.

You have step 1 done - add the field to your database. Now you need to add a form for your users to enter the data that will go in that field, then you have to get that information from the web page, into your mysql database.

Whatever tutorial you read, I am sure it explained how to do this, as it is pretty basic stuff for a php/mysql tutorial.

I have managed to add the fields successfully now to my surprise without reading the tutorials either so im quite pleased, i did not realise how simple it was to be honest, now i understand it i can add other features to the website.

Thanks for all your help anyway.

Back
Top Bottom