US Mid-Term Elections

EMMteo said:
i pretty much don't waste my time voting. standing in line forever to for ONE vote just seems worthless to me. Again this is just me.
Don't you have an option for postal votes?

As I'm not 18 yet, I can't vote but when I am old enough to vote I will. Our founding fathers faught for the right to vote and I think we should take advantage of an opportunity to change our government for the better. If people don't want to vote, that's their problem but I do think that whoever said that those who don't vote shouldn't complain has a good point to their statement. While I might not agree with Bush or whoever is in office 100% of the time, It's nice to know that we have a chance every 4 years to change that.

As for the election results. I think it's time for a change, some more democrats I think will help add to the balance. I'm not a huge fan of the two party thing but I tend to follow who I think is best for the job whatever it may be, whether they be Republican, Democrat, Independant, Libertarian or whatever. I don't consider myself a republican or democrat, but an independent since I go with whoever I agree with more and not because of what party they are. If people want to go with someone because they share the same party, that's their business and that's fine with them I'm just sharing how I do. Although I can't vote, there's nothing wrong with following elections right???

EMMteo said:
i pretty much don't waste my time voting. standing in line forever to for ONE vote just seems worthless to me. Again this is just me.

Yeah, I guess that is a good point. It's just that you have no bitching rights since you didn't bother voting.

So the Dems took both the House and the Senate.

Bush is going to be a lame duck president from here on out pretty much.

My parents brought me up with the sound principle that not voting is a vote for the other side.

I honestly disn't care who won. Therre were a few cases where I really wanted one of the canidates, but the others were co close in their plans, I really didn't care. all I can hope is they will follow after Polk, and kleep their promises.

Back
Top Bottom