need a program for my problem

white_dragoon_x

Beta member
ok here is my problem. im not sure if the viruses just keep reproducing and re installing themselves but my norton antivirus program detects a virus about 10 times a day and its always the same three. w32.randex.GEL, vb.script, and trojan.dropper. it detects them and i quarantined them and delete them but they just come back so i made the viruses non operable by any windows programs, basically making them harmless but every single day the same virus alets pop up. but only when im on the internet and when i do a full system scan nothing pops up. so here is my question is there a program that prevents un authorized downloads like spyware and other miscellanious programs from downloading on to my computer without my concent? now i do scan all files i download knowingly and all of them come up negative. i just need something that prevents spyware and other programs from downloading. i would appriciate the help.

Try using an online virus scanner. If your norton got currupted IT will be scanning files in vain.

There are a lot of free virus scanners online I personally prefere either trend macro or bitdefender.

Charles

Your first problem is Norton, you need to get something else on ASAP. Norton is crap for detecting things and getting rid off stuff.

Try running you're computer in safe mode (F8 on load up) therefor none of the viruses can exicute themselfs and they also cant pretend to delete themselfs and pop back up when you reset you're computer.

Also when running you're computer in safe mode I reccomend you scan with stinger, this should get rid of all of the viruses.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

ok i downloaded avast and it detected a trojan horse inserted into a system32 dll file something that norton never picked up. i moved it to the chest as it suggested i just hope that it doesnt effect any startup settings. thank you guys for your help if this does effect my computer than im not going to be on again because ill just reinstall windows xp home with my friends ghost program and never let it on the internet again. ill just use his because he was the one that suggested norton because of its live updates and everything. in any case thank your for all your help.

although i have tried the trial software of AV'S , i would rather invest a little $$$ to make sure i'm well protected. a version of f-secure or Blackice will do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom