Throw away your graphics cards...

Looks nice...I'm gonna start saving my money. You forgot the best part though! 128 pixel pipelines for the GTX, and 96 for the GTS, and pixel shader 4.0. That's just crazy.

But to have DX10 and those cards, you need Vista supposedly. It won't work with XP, I think.

great another reason for me to waste my pound sterlin on. think im gunna stick with my x1900xt till the later versions with dx10 come out and the prices start to drop for these

All i want to know is when is this card going to make the other cards prices drop.

No, it will work for XP/DirectX 10, but it'll be like buying a Lamborghini and only driving it to the grocery store. Basically, DirectX 9 won't let it reach it's potential, but it will work. You'll need DirectX 10 to make it worth the money though (then you're Lamborghini is on the Audubon).

muz379 said:
computer manufactureres do this all the time they dont futureproof technology
instead they try and make more money out of us

I agree. Microsoft isn't getting anymore of my money regarding vista or any of that. My next move is probably mac, or I'll ride the XP wave until it's dead like windows 98 or ME.

I've sort of drifted from the gaming scene lately and in a way I am happy because otherwise i would be saving every last penny i've got so i could buy one of these. Looks like it's just me and my 6600GT for a little while yet.

Back
Top Bottom