Gears of war

Yeah, that 'Mad World' ad was very nicely done. :) Completely real-time rendered with Xbox 360 hardware too. :D

alvino said:
Haha, yeah Halo: Combat Evolved was a great game. I liked the single-player more than multiplayer though. I enjoyed Halo 2's multiplayer more and despite it's flaws, I still love it's fast paced gameplay.

From what I've read, Halo 3 is looking pretty good. The Mongoose ATV is back (CTF anyone?) and the gameplay is better than ever. Or so the folks at 1UP say (I do trust them though...).

Haha, yeah. That Killzone 2 trailer was sure awesome...until it was revealed that it was pre-rendered. It was okay at first, until Sony blatantly tried to deny it which was when I started losing respect for them.
Yeah, had they just admitted it, I wouldn't have been too pissed either.

I just don't trust sony anymore.. so much that i'll end up with a 360 and not a ps3. even my die-hard MGS fan friend wont get it..

alvino said:
Killzone for the PS2 was touted as the PS2's Halo-killer, but hardware and software limitations drowned it down. We'll have to see what happens with Killzone 2, but that pre-rendered trailer shown at E3 2005 didn't help much. ;)

Supposably that wasnt pre rendered, but just if..the graphics are tha tgood...and gameplay is that good..*highly doubt*

MikeReiner said:
I'm going to be blunt and honest.

Halo is one of THE MOST fuckin' over-praised and over-rated games in existance.

Everybody spent time talking about what it made it a good game, Fuck talking about it's problems, right? I mean I don't turn around and see textures appear out of no where, I don't see level repetition up the ass, and of COARSE I can't use an energy sword, be in mid air, and all of a sudden lunge about 10 ft upwards.. I mean hell.. i'm standing an invisable floating box, OF COARSE!

I'm sorry, I just believe that 90% of the reviewers in the world are completely biased, Gameinformer being one of them. Halo2 didn't deserve a 10, and anyone who thinks it did is just a non-sense yapping fanboy who needs a fist shoved into their cranium. I feel like a dumbass for ever subscribing to that magazine.

On another note, I heard that someone would get selected to play gears of war with megadeth.. no so sure why thats special (unless your a 'deth fan, of coarse.)

I hope I get to try this game sometime.

HALO IS NOT OVERRATED Gears of war will be good but it wont beat halo look at the november issue of EGM

mongoman said:
HALO IS NOT OVERRATED Gears of war will be good but it wont beat halo look at the november issue of EGM
Back that statement up, otherwise it's meaningless.

So for those who said Halo 2 didn't deserve a 10 please give at least one good reason why before going on a huge rant about it. All I basically got from those rants was that Halo 2 is flawed, Halo 2 is over-hyped, Halo 2 is overrated, etc. So is that it? I don't think any of those reasons, Mike, that you used are justifiable in knocking down Halo 2 or that all of what you said was true either. I'm not sure what the motivation of attacking Halo 2 is all about but IMO, it has been one of the best games ever released and does deserve a lot of praise.

And about Gears of War, lol oh man I want to try that game it looks f***ing sick! Since i don't have a 360 looks like im gonna have to raid my friend's house to play it. haha

So your saying level repetition is acceptable? your saying bugs in the texture appearing as you turn around is ok? and that being able to lunge in mid air isn't stupid either?

These are all proven flaws in the Halo franchise (more specifically halo2), go see for yourself.

Fine, whatever. If my opinions are apparently too harsh, then that just means my standard on what makes a great game is much higher than yours ever will be.

Distortion88 said:
So for those who said Halo 2 didn't deserve a 10 please give at least one good reason why before going on a huge rant about it. All I basically got from those rants was that Halo 2 is flawed, Halo 2 is over-hyped, Halo 2 is overrated, etc. So is that it? I don't think any of those reasons, Mike, that you used are justifiable in knocking down Halo 2 or that all of what you said was true either. I'm not sure what the motivation of attacking Halo 2 is all about but IMO, it has been one of the best games ever released and does deserve a lot of praise.

And about Gears of War, lol oh man I want to try that game it looks f***ing sick! Since i don't have a 360 looks like im gonna have to raid my friend's house to play it. haha

I agree haha btw halo 2 is not overrated because of the storyline and the charactors besides wut other game got that much hype and deliverd it ALL of it sure some times textures pop out but who cares you just hate MC mike

MikeReiner said:
So your saying level repetition is acceptable? your saying bugs in the texture appearing as you turn around is ok? and that being able to lunge in mid air isn't stupid either?

These are all proven flaws in the Halo franchise (more specifically halo2), go see for yourself.

Fine, whatever. If my opinions are apparently too harsh, then that just means my standard on what makes a great game is much higher than yours ever will be.

quit bicikering assmunch

MikeReiner said:

who ever said the game had to be realistic? Last time i checked there was no such thing as a Halo in real life or intergalactic warriors fighting aliens on distant planets. I mean wtf? Who cares if you can accelerate at an enemy while in mid air with the sword. It made the game fun and if you couldn't handle it then that's your problem.

And i don't know wtf was with that last comment but it sounds like a personal shot at me so seriously man stfu! No need for that bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom