Video Crapped out on me

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Ok this is the story I have a 6600 GT, well I am also broke atm (spent my money on a case) so anyways today I came home played 2 hours of CS:S, and 1 hour of madden (all maxed out settings besides AA etc blah blah) Well the game was running really fine, not a issue at all. Then I exit out of the game and I got this fuzzy ass screen.

It looks at if its like 4 bit graphics you know really crappy and I looked at my GPU temps and I just remembered going "O_O", so I gave my PC a quick cool down turned it off for a well.

I booted it up fine, but thing is I am getting a new GPU this x-mas 7900 GTO 512 MB :) (mind change mind pending release of G8) now this card has to last me until at least mid january. I mean there isn't a question about it, so besides the following steps what can I do to lower my temps
1. Lower graphics to medium (from high)
2. Going clean it out when I do a case swap tomorrow.
3. What else? Is there a way to underclock it?

yes u can underclock it. Just use coolbits or some other oc'ing software that u prefer. Then just instead of increasing the clock speeds u decrease them.

There are also gpu coolers that you can buy. Seeing as you are broke atm, it might not be a viable solution, but maybe something to keep in mind..

also, u could mod the bios file so that the voltage is lower, and then flash the bios. This would probably make a big difference in temps, but then again it's not completely safe to flash the bios. And of course it could lead to instability since the card isn't getting as much electricity.

There are also gpu coolers that you can buy. Seeing as you are broke atm, it might not be a viable solution, but maybe something to keep in mind..

Not an option.

I'm not going spend 30 or so bucks on a GPU i'm going throw out come 4 or 5 months.

GPU Diode was 100C

Back
Top Bottom