US Mid-Term Elections

Brookfield

Golden Master
Are the Senate votes on as much of a knife edge as the media would have us think?, of course later today, we should have all those votes in, if the Senate votes aren't enough, how will the turn round in the House of Representatives affect Bush?

i pretty much don't waste my time voting. standing in line forever to for ONE vote just seems worthless to me. Again this is just me.

EMMteo said:
i pretty much don't waste my time voting. standing in line forever to for ONE vote just seems worthless to me. Again this is just me.
so if everyone thought like you, nobody would vote.. meaning the less people there are like you, the better the country is off.

I didnt follow the politics this election year.

So i didnt vote...

All i hope is we can get out of this war.

Nik00117 said:
If your eglideable to vote, and you don't

don't complain.
Agreed. People who don't vote really shouldn't have the right to complain at all. I see people around where I live who bitch non stop about bush, yet didn't vote.. gets irritating.

Democrats have won the House of Rep. but the control for Senate is still hanging in the balance.

Of course, we can attribute the GOP's loss to the many scandals they've had and the Iraq war. Foreign popular opinion isn't very high in regard of America's actions so far.

You guys forgot, Bush is the Commander of the military, Senate nor the Congress controls what he is able to do with the military verymuch.

Nik00117 said:
You guys forgot, Bush is the Commander of the military, Senate nor the Congress controls what he is able to do with the military verymuch.
He has just admitted openly, in as many words, that the war was wrong, the fact that, as you say, the Senate nor Congress can control his military activities much, he is not about to dig his grave any deeper by accelarating attacks, I imagine he will now change his policy, by maintaining ground, neither advancing nor retreating, until the Democrats, once they are in place, thrash out a new approach to the situation, even if Bush's people get that remaining Senate place, his hands will be pretty much tied.

Back
Top Bottom