Best File Compressor

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I am looking for the best file compressor. i have about 233G of stuff Movies/Games...etc that i need to compress to as little as posseble.

even by using the best file compressor how much do u think i can compress from 233g? i mean i can compress each file induvedually and then compress the hole folder for maximum results, what do u think?

a free compressor would be nice, but if its really good, then i will pay for it.

plz include links.

Thanks.

winrar hardly compresses at all. Out of an 8.7gb move it compressed it to 8.5....

ZIP, RAR or ACE... it really doesn't matter all that much. They'll all compress your files down to roughly the same size, in my experience. Or ya could use the built in one in XP

ArrizX said:
winrar hardly compresses at all. Out of an 8.7gb move it compressed it to 8.5....
That largely depends on what your compressing. Mp3s, movies, most game files, tend to be compressed to save disk space.. and well, if they are compressed, you can't compress them much more.

I've downloaded a 1.3 gb torrent, and had it come out as a 2.9 gb game.
LambOfGod said:
I have used WINZIP and i know there are a few differnt compression modes,
Try those out and see how small it can make your files.

http://www.winzip.com/
Winzip is really limited on the maximum file sizes it can handle, winrar would be much better.

i don't think its worth it. why waste time compressing things when u can get a bigger hard drive. archiver programs barely do anything.

MikeReiner said:
That largely depends on what your compressing. Mp3s, movies, most game files, tend to be compressed to save disk space.. and well, if they are compressed, you can't compress them much more.

I've downloaded a 1.3 gb torrent, and had it come out as a 2.9 gb game.

Winzip is really limited on the maximum file sizes it can handle, winrar would be much better.

Winrar is what i personally use, but i never compress files to save space so.. i threw that out there.

drumthrasher said:
i don't think its worth it. why waste time compressing things when u can get a bigger hard drive. archiver programs barely do anything.

And thats probally the best idea in the end :D

Back
Top Bottom