Gears Of War, Tomorrow

someone please tell me that Gears of War will be released for PC in the future! If it's not gonna be i am seriously going to buy a 360! This game is too awesome.

As far as we can tell, Gears of War is an Xbox 360 exclusive. You never know, it might be ported to the PC later.

alvino said:
Yeah, they're mainly there to expand the story. The Source Engine is perfect as is. :)
Not really. Valve is adding Dual Core support, which should help future-proof source a bit.
alvino said:
As far as we can tell, Gears of War is an Xbox 360 exclusive. You never know, it might be ported to the PC later.
Epic has confirmed the possibility of a PC version. Personally, I don't think it would really be much of a 'port', considering they are using the same engine as UT2007's..

Well since Gears was developed specifially with Xbox 360 hardware, it would be hard to develop it specifically for PC's because the hardware varies. Unreal Tournament 2007 is going to be for the PC either way so they'll probably port it to consoles anyhow.

alvino said:
Well since Gears was developed specifially with Xbox 360 hardware, it would be hard to develop it specifically for PC's because the hardware varies. Unreal Tournament 2007 is going to be for the PC either way so they'll probably port it to consoles anyhow.
but you know what I mean, right? wouldn't it be more logical for epic to just use the UT2007 version of the unreal3 engine to run gears of war, since it would be optimized for PCs.. rather than heavily modifying the 360 build for PC?.. All they would need to do is transfer over the gears of war content and make sure that everything is functioning and fix whatever bugs get made in the transition..

Most ports end up using a modified version of the original engine used on the console, which usually doesn't go over too well..

No, no...the Unreal Engine 3 is universal. It's designed for anything.

I'm just saying that Gears of War was designed from ground up using the Xbox 360 hardware, so bringing it to the PC will most likely be a port due to the variation of hardware that the PC has. Gears of War was developed from the beginning with the Xbox 360 in mind, not the PC. It is possible to bring it over to the PC, but it just takes time. It might happen, it might not.

Back
Top Bottom