Gears Of War, Tomorrow

Eh, Call of Duty is fun, but the gameplay does get repetitive at times. The graphics didn't even change much (which is one of the reasons why they're able to pump it out a year after Call of Duty 2). I'm not too excited about it, but I definately cannot wait to see Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. Now that game is stunning...Unreal Engine 3 FTW!

Medal of Honor: Airborne is looking pretty good. Graphics are about the same as Call of Duty 3 (meh...), but the gameplay is what catches my attention. All the missions are completely open ended. You start each one with an airborne jump and you can choose where you want to land, where to rally with squadmates. Some places will have advantages, some won't. It's not on my to-buy list though, since the Medal of Honor series hasn't had that great of a track record. ;)

Gears of War is awesome. Period. Just taking a moment to look at the surroundings and the beauty of Unreal Engine 3 is breathtaking. Gameplay looks very nice, and from what I've read and seen, it definately lives up to the hype. Chainsaw FTW!

ok, i cannot FUCKING wait for this shit to be realeased - mind my french..it looks so awesome, and go ddammi, i want it so bad, but i dont have a 360 :(..i should just change over my OS to the same version of xboxes. and download the firmware

I have a 360 and love it to death. man the new call of duty 3 is almost a complete change to the last game. instead of me typing everything out look it up on gamespot or something like that. will blow your mind away.

i found this cool. say you got snipers sitting in the grass and one decides to move. they'll leave a trail of crushed grass pending on if their standing or crawling.

Yeah, it'll have minor things here and there, but nothing big. The gameplay is essentially the same, with maybe a bit more detail in textures and weapons.

noooooo. the whole online gaming is compared to battlefield 2. and battlefield 2 and call of duty 2 are completely the opposite. this game they really went into depth with. watch the videos on www.gametrailers.com with the producer and u'll see the difference.

to say the only difference is in the texturing is completely upsurd. +1 cuz your still the man

I've pretty much watched all the videos for Call of Duty 3. Haha, I'm a member of GameTrailers. :)

Yeah, I know about the multiplayer differences, like the modes and how they have vehicles and so forth. Not bad, but the single player gameplay still looks the same as Call of Duty 2, other than the revamped and interactive melee system.

alvino said:
I've pretty much watched all the videos for Call of Duty 3. Haha, I'm a member of GameTrailers. :)

Yeah, I know about the multiplayer differences, like the modes and how they have vehicles and so forth. Not bad, but the single player gameplay still looks the same as Call of Duty 2, other than the revamped and interactive melee system.
What about models, textures, animations, etc.. are those all recycled?

The player models are actually good looking. It looks a bit weird because the uniforms have so many creases, and the engine Infinity Ward decided to use doesn't have soft shadowing so it just looks kinda off...

Textures and animations are a bit improved, but not too much from what I've seen so far. Weapons are obviously more detailed though. :)

alvino said:
The player models are actually good looking. It looks a bit weird because the uniforms have so many creases, and the engine Infinity Ward decided to use doesn't have soft shadowing so it just looks kinda off...

Textures and animations are a bit improved, but not too much from what I've seen so far. Weapons are obviously more detailed though. :)
well, atleast it had some real work put into it then. HL2 episodes basically recycle.. but I guess thats not really fair say since they are expansions.

Yeah, they're mainly there to expand the story. The Source Engine is perfect as is. :)

Back
Top Bottom