Monitor does not load up on boot

KTOmega

Beta member
Well, today, I went to change some stuff on my Linux partition today. I start the partitioning tool in the DVD.

memory oops

*linuxrc starts.*

*restart.*

*Installation*

Linuxrc would not load.
:--( Press ENTER to continue.

*linuxrc?!*

*Start installation*

*enter partitioning tool*

memory oops

*shut down*

"why is this happening let's see the memory"

[opens cover]

[looks at memory]

"hmm it's reversed"

[places memory correctly]

*runs computer*

"what? why won't the monitor start?"

*Several hours later.*

:(

Then today, I reset the CMOS. It didn't work. I have tried several options, but they all failed. Now nothing loads up correctly. :(
Monitor: Dell P780
Motherboard: ECS 661FX-M Ver1.0b
Help, please? :(

P.S. Hi.

what do you mean by the memory is "revesed"? its only sposed to fit in one way and the slots are spaced to avoid that....

xtremezx2 said:
what do you mean by the memory is "revesed"? its only sposed to fit in one way and the slots are spaced to avoid that....

Somehow, the memory fit in the other way. Then, I reversed it to make it normal.

That memory part was wierd. From my experience, it's impossible to install RAM the wrong way. Are you sure you have it in right? Make sure you check the obvious problems first such as power and monitor cable connection. You didn't accidently knock something loose when you had the case open?

Weird indeed. Reseat the RAM properly and make sure that stickers face LEFT.
TRDCorolla said:
That memory part was wierd. From my experience, it's impossible to install RAM the wrong way. Are you sure you have it in right? Make sure you check the obvious problems first such as power and monitor cable connection. You didn't accidently knock something loose when you had the case open?
A techie did that, with a lot of force. The ENTIRE PC was fried. Mobo, PSU, RAM, HDD, CD, everything.

TRDCorolla said:

Yeah, everything is connected properly. I never knocked anything over.

And yeah, I think I used a lot of force.

Back
Top Bottom