Gallery: SuperPI

What's the 4200+ rated at stock? 2200 MHz? That's a pretty decent overclock, but I bet you could go a little bit higher. My 4600+ will go to 2800 but for some reason it slows down and gets a ton of memory errors, even if I change the multiplier around and get the RAM at stable speeds.

D-Lew said:
What's the 4200+ rated at stock? 2200 MHz? That's a pretty decent overclock, but I bet you could go a little bit higher. My 4600+ will go to 2800 but for some reason it slows down and gets a ton of memory errors, even if I change the multiplier around and get the RAM at stable speeds.

Raise Vcore?

Vcore was high enough I think but I turned it down just cause it went so much slower. It was like 1.52V and getting too hot for my tastes, especially in games and 3dmark, I was well into the 50's degrees C on one run. I managed to get a 2000 on the CPU part of the test though, which is pretty good.

yeah, 4200+ is a 2200 mgHz I know I could safely take it a bit further, it only got to 45C with the Vcor raised to 1.3625v, but the preformance started to suffer. Super Pi would seriously slow down, so I'm keeping it at 2490 mgHz.

superPIscore.jpg

Well, I tired a 2.4 overclock. Actually I tried a 2.5 but it crashed upon loading windows so the best I got was 2.4 and my idle temps have gone up about 10 degrees C. Unfortunately my memory is now running at 160MHz instead of 200MHz so I came out with a lower super pi score. I've heard of people ocing a 3800 to 2.5 but apparently mine wont! lol.

2_4ocFAIL.png

Back
Top Bottom