DvD drive or Game? Which is causeing the problem

clandestinex337

In Runtime
So i just bought BF 2142 and I installed it no problem, but when I try to run the game it keeps telling me to make sure that the install disk is in the drive (which it is) I tried to uninstall then re-install and still nothing. Is it probably a bad disc?

Thanks

Well BF is made by EA. I think that's your problem.

Well I have had that prob before... It usually turns out to be software. Firmware all up to date?

u could try this. Get daemon tools and find an image of bf2142. I suggest going to www.gamecopyworld.com for images. Then mount the image with daemon tools and see if u can play it. If u can't then it's software, if u can, then there is something wrong with the dvd drive or the disc.

clandestinex337 said:
I downloaded a no dvd/cd crack or w/e it is and it works. so its the dvd drive?

Yes, but i wouldent just throw it away though, id wait untill that starts happening regularly.

Newer EA games won't run if they detect Daemon Tools or any comparable software. You'll either need the .exe or something to hide that process.

well i got it to work somehow, i downloaded the EA patch for the game and removed the no cd crack because i couldnt install the patch with taht in the file. And i installed the patch and now it works.

D-Lew said:
Newer EA games won't run if they detect Daemon Tools or any comparable software. You'll either need the .exe or something to hide that process.

true, but then again, as far as I know EA games don't have any protection that would detect daemon tools. :p Atleast I haven't noticed any new EA games that would detect daemon tools.

since the no-dvd crack works it's either the dvd player or the bf disc. If u don't have any problems with any other discs, it's possible that there is something wrong with the bf dics.

I tried it and the sims 2 pets would not work with it running, it said to insert CD.

Back
Top Bottom