College/Major

I hear you have to take a lot of tough science courses and math courses to get into med school but once you're there you don't really need it.

I've heard horror stories about Organic Chemistry from everyone who's taken it.

But that shouldn't stop you.

It's like the joke goes: "What do you call a med student with a C average?"

A Doctor!

G35x said:
God damn, 8 yrs whoa! I mean thats a lot, but not enough so I wont do it. I think thats a fair amount, when you're going to be making 120 a year, if not more.
Another idea, my brother was a top earner at £80,000 pa, [$154,000] he was a highly skilled dental technician, made dental plates for the stars, Richard Burton, Tom Jones etc, he passed away a few years back at 80, if you're good with your hands, there's no dental school, I think it's only 3 or 4 years at college, just think, no rotten teeth to look at, work your way up, open up a sparkling new white laboratory,...the world's your oyster, money for old rope!

G35x said:
I mean 8 years is a lot, but its worth it I suppose..Not so sure about it now, because money wont be an issue, but taking loans and shit like that isnt fun. I mean, who wants to pay that much, just to go to school.
Like I said, look for private colleges. If you ever find CDI college, it's going to cost a lot, but you'll end up having a castle lol!
They do it, I am preety sure.

If the years it takes bothers you, then don't worry about it. Look on how much you are going to make at the end of the line. You'll be suprised ;)

im thinkin about an MBA, get a good job at a respectable business in the city, and hopefully if i start young, stick with them, move my way to the top

Electrical Engineering, but you dont like math...so thats kind of out huh...yeah only do it if you are going to like the end result...other wise no amount of money is worth being completely miserable...

atleast thats how i look at it...

But I mean, if you have an intrest in teeth thats just odd. No one really does, they do it because it has a good income. I mean what kid lovees teeth aha..I dont know, my relative is a dentist, but hes like 59 so I dont ask many questions...But he seems to enjoy his life, also has a 800,000usd house so yeahh...

G35x said:
But I mean, if you have an intrest in teeth thats just odd. No one really does, they do it because it has a good income. I mean what kid lovees teeth aha.

haha i was watchin 'inked' on A&E and this chick got a tattoo of a tooth on her leg because she loved teeth so much (she was studying to be a dentist)

Copperhead said:
haha i was watchin 'inked' on A&E and this chick got a tattoo of a tooth on her leg because she loved teeth so much (she was studying to be a dentist)
lmao! i think i saw part of that one

id suggest trying to find some sort of apprenticeship.. no idea if you can do one in dentistry, but mabye with part of your family, in the place they work? or one of their contacts?

im doing an apprenticeship, 5 years long, at the end of it ill be qualified to work on aircraft, itll be a relativley high paid job eventually, but at the moment im not on brilliant wages, but i think of it this way.. at uni, or college as you americans would say, your paying what, 8k a year? im earning 10k a year (GBP), this way, im earning, getting myself somewhere in the company, all while doing the education, and on the job training.. its pretty good..

so yeah, i think internships/apprenticeships are a pretty good idea, id speak to your family, the people who are dentists, or pharmacists, and see if they, or any of their contacts, run an apprenticeship scheme..

It depends where you go, for me it's a little over $5K a year. AU is a public school. But then I guess you have to figure in living expenses and all that jazz.

Back
Top Bottom