Alright, 22'' Monitor Decided! ...Brands anyone?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Pretty much what it says right there.

I would like to go with THIS Acer Moniter.

However, though most reviews are positive in everything they say, it moniter could have a problem with dead pixles (just like every other LCD..) or backlight bleeding. It seems like backlight bleeding is the number 1 problem with this moniter. Though it seems like it happens rarely and only when viewing black/dark images. Such as a movie.. Or a dark background possibly.

What are some other choices? I want to spend -350$$. And this moniter is looking like the best I can do with what I want to spend. There is also THIS BenQ Moniter. With much less reviews...

But comparing HERE the BenQ has WSXGA+ while the Acer only has WSXGA. Though I dont know how big of a deal that plus is?..

Newegg is my most trusted site, so im going with them. But hell, please toss in some suggestions if anyone has any. From any site.. (US only please).

And I thought id toss in THIS Froogle link for good measure.

Edit-
And thoughts on THIS Septure "Gaming Moniter"

Re: Alright, 22'' Moniter Decided! ...Brands anyone?

the sceptre has a little bit bigger contrast ratio, i dont know if thats better or not, because i dont know alot about monitors. Id say go for the acer to save a little bit of money. Your most definately not gonna see a big enough difference to pay an extra $15. but its your choice.

Well my thoughts are that while the Acer doesnt have the WSXGA+, I dont think the + can make a big difference. Hardly any backlight bleeding with it, though it does occure.

And the contrast ratio I dont think will be a huge difference. Though the Sceptre has both of those, and isnt much more. If im spending this much money I might as well do it right eh?

Or I can say that my eyes wont tell the difference when they are this big and save me some cash....

:confused:

Maybe the + sign means that it's a little more quality on the Widescreen, I don't know.

Thats what im assuming.. Or maybe its just newer.

Either way I doubt ill be able to tell any sort of difference.

acer...just because of the name

oh, and it's spelled monitor...sorry, you just always misspell it!

but yeah, acer's a good brand and that looks like a nice monitor. it has great reviews too

They don't give response times? Look for one with a lower response time and you won't see as much ghosting in the images, mine is really low but then again it was pretty pricey. It's an ASUS 17" and was $225 I think, pretty sure it was 3ms response time. Look for around 8ms and that's very good.

D-Lew said:
They don't give response times? Look for one with a lower response time and you won't see as much ghosting in the images, mine is really low but then again it was pretty pricey. It's an ASUS 17" and was $225 I think, pretty sure it was 3ms response time. Look for around 8ms and that's very good.

Well there really isn't a big diff from you're 17'' with 3ms from my 22'' with 5ms I mean I had a 19'' with 2ms but I can really see the diff when playing games.

joe pic said:
acer...just because of the name

oh, and it's spelled monitor...sorry, you just always misspell it!

but yeah, acer's a good brand and that looks like a nice monitor. it has great reviews too

I know how to spell it, really I do!! Just idk, E is how it comes out on the keyboard, haha I dont know.

masterprime said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001083

How about this one....just something eles for you to think about....it's the same one I have...but I also paid $479.95 for it...

Too much $$$

D-Lew said:

Yes they do. The acer is 5ms. I cant tell anything under 6ms so this is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom