College/Major

Yeah I couldn't take that. I managed to get a 4 year full scholarship to Auburn and I'm majoring in mechanical engineering. The salary starts at about 65 but that's great here and not too bad for going to school 5 years (they say it's a four-year program but that would mean me being in classes like 6 hours every day, there's enough work already)

Try looking for a profession you're actually interested in. In the end, it's whether or not you like your job that matters the most.

I mean 8 years is a lot, but its worth it I suppose..Not so sure about it now, because money wont be an issue, but taking loans and shit like that isnt fun. I mean, who wants to pay that much, just to go to school.

G35x said:
I mean 8 years is a lot, but its worth it I suppose..Not so sure about it now, because money wont be an issue, but taking loans and shit like that isnt fun. I mean, who wants to pay that much, just to go to school.

say school is 30,000 a year x 8 is 240,000. and say u can maybe pay 40,000 of it working in school. thats 200,000 debt. (pretty much, worst case scenario)

when u owe that, just set up a 10-year mortgage, thats 20,000 a year out of a 120,000 salary. it'd only be $1,667 a month, which seems like a lot, but it'd be a drop in the bucket for a dentist.

(but keep in mind, it'll all be hell if u don't really want to be a dentist)

My advice to you is, work your tail off and hope you get scholarships. That's probably the only reason I'm in college now is I got $25,000 for doing well in high school.

D-Lew said:
My advice to you is, work your tail off and hope you get scholarships. That's probably the only reason I'm in college now is I got $25,000 for doing well in high school.

what college do you go to, and what was ur GPA & ACT/SAT? (if u dont mind me asking)

I go to Auburn University in Alabama, my GPA was weighted because of honors classes (including English, Organic Chem, and Physics) but last time I checked it was 3.94. My composite ACT score was a 30, first and only time I took it, and I did not take the SAT because they don't use it much down here in the south. I wasn't planning on going out of the state and wanted to go to AU because they have a good engineering school.

Back
Top Bottom