Game Hangs

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Ok, just recently in games such as COD2 and Oblivion (i meet and exceed reqs in both games) i have started lagging and in some cases, computer crashes.

they did not always do this, it stated about 2 weeks ago. no hardware or software was changed/added. I have tried upating all my drivers, tried using older divers. ran Norton, win defend, spysweeper, and ad-aware , but they all came up clean.

what else do i have left? i hate the game support, they only give ya genaric answers.

[edit] i'm defragging now. could taht be the problem? cuz idon't remember doing it since the problems started. and both games are set at "recomended setting" that were auto detected. i have tryied lowering them with no luck.

have ya checked ya event viewer for problems. Spyware/virus/adware aswell

I'd say open up the task manager and see what background tasks are going on. There might be something going on that's sucking up your resources.

Off Topic: OBLIVION IS SO SWEET!!! I'm the thieves guild guildmaster now.

no clues in event veiwer. its showing nothing out of normal. no processes that are not acounted for either. just windows stuff. No spyware or viruses as mentioned before.

something i did forget to mention was my stats. I have a P4 3.0Ghz Ht 800Mhz FSB, 1Gig (2x512) Pc 3200, Soundblaster Audigy Se (i'm losing sound in COD2 after some of the game stutters, but chaning cards and drivers did not help) AGP Nvidia 6200 256 DDR VRam.

and going with freestylers off topic-ness, i'm archmage (mage's guild master) and fighters guild master. on final quest for theives, and about half way through black-brotherhood.

See what the defrag does, then we'll go from there. Do you have the latest patches for both of the games? That might help.

Offtopic: I'm somewhere in the Dark Brotherhood, forgot exactly where. The last quest for the thieves guild was a pain is the ass. Stupid sewers. How is the fighter's guild? After I finish the Dark brotherhood I was thinking of the fighter's guild. I just realized the other day that I haven't even started the main quest. Oh well, I like the guilds.

defrag i still stutter, increased page-file to about three gigs, still problems. have patches.

fighters guild is easy so don't worry bout it. lol and same, i did like the first part of the main quest, then stopped to do the guilds.

i jsut tried re-downloading DX 9, then COD froze. no comments in event veiwer. anyone know of something like PC Check 6, but free?

Look around this guide and see if there's any tweaks that might help. I don't know how much of a difference this will make, since it was working before, but it's worth a try.
http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_3.html

The one thing that caught my eye was about overclocking. Is your system overclocked? Check your temperatures while your running the game anyway.

thanks for the link, but unfortunatly it didn't help.

and no, my system is not overclocked.

i just tried playing my boss in COD (its an every sunday thing) it froze once, then the time after i compleatly lost sound on my comp and had to restart to get it back. the thrid and fourth time when i tried to change from 3D to 2D sound, i got a directX error. i have reinstalled DX9.0c and still get the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom