College/Major

G35x

Golden Master
Well, I'm in my junior year of highschool, and got to thinking of what I want to do later in life. Many of my family members are wealthy, many of them being pharmacists, or something in the medical field. Once I get out of highschool, I want to go to Penn State. I'll go to the branch, and then go to the main campus for 2 yrs. I was just wondering, I wanted to do dentistry. I mean Dentist make maddd money, and its actually pays good for what you do :eek: You can make up to 120+ a yr, thats a great salaray..What I was wondering, is how long does it take to become a dentist. After college, isnt it like 3 yrs of med school. Thanks guys

It's going to take the time it needs. Try to work hard at school so you can try to aim high universities that just do this as education. You'll see, you will thank yourself for doing it.

Not sure what its like in states, but in UK they are screaming for dentists, there is a real shortage, and its good money for private practices. Good luck with it mate.

Penn State's a good school. One of my friends, Mark Rubin, was a swimmer, then decided he wanted to play football junior year. He's now a starter for Penn State.

Yeah my grades suck right now, well there not good enough for main campus. But I mean as long as you graduate from the main campus, you're good. I was just wondering how long it might take, 4 yrs of college, and then maybe 3 yrs med, med school is what Im thinking, how long will it be..Some things take 6 some 4 some 2..All depends on the major, dentistry cant be to difficult/long?

I don't think dentists have to go through med school, they usually take 4 years of college then an additional 4 years of dentist school.

God damn, 8 yrs whoa! I mean thats a lot, but not enough so I wont do it. I think thats a fair amount, when you're going to be making 120 a year, if not more.

Yeah, but for any profession that makes that much money it's going to be required to go to school for a while if you want a good job.

4 years college, 4 years denistry..then i imagine there'd be some type of residency/internship. it'll be worth it. im sure banks love giving out loans to med/denistry students, because they know that they're going to get it back so 8 years of education will build up a loan, but ull be able to pay it off with a 5-10 year plan easily

Back
Top Bottom