Different OS. Need install help.

Ok, here is a basic answer.

If you install a different version of windows, yes you WILL loose the data that you currently have on the drive, unless it is on a different partition.

If you have 1 hard drive with 2 partitions "A & B" if your current install is on "Partition A" and you leave that alone dont reformat it or anything else, and install the new version on "Partition B" you will be fine. BUT if you do any modifications to the MBR or "Partition A" you will loose your information. My suggestion, if you want to be 100% safe, use a different hard drive, than what you have everything on right now.

Okay let me get this straight. Normally another version of windows would let me upgrade but tiny beast won't since it doesn't have that option. I could install it on a different partition but since my current partition is my whole hard drive changing it would delete all my info. Now can I go install tiny beast on my 20 gig and be able to run tiny beast and still be able to access all my games and what now on my other hard drive? Oh and if I do this can i switch between operating systems?

LOL yes and no... yes you can install it on the 20gig but you wont be able to play the games etc.. on the 160. access files, yes, but play the games no.

So if i want to play the games i am going to have to install on the 160 but that will wipe everything cause it doesn't have the upgrade feature and i don't have another partition. But if u can access the files why couldn't i access the games because aren't those just files? Also in your sig it say stuff about a wireless network. Are you good at setting up wireless networks? because mine is messed up.

no, you will have to install them on the 20Gig drive, to play them. you can access the files, change/modify/move, but will not be able to run them, because they must be installed on the OS that is loaded into memory, and that is running. Think of it like this...

if you just purchased a new chevy truck, and turn the key to turn it on, your not going to start the camaro in the garage. you can see it, you can get in it etc... but you wont be able to turn it on using the truck.

uid=[0] said:
no, you will have to install them on the 20Gig drive, to play them. you can access the files, change/modify/move, but will not be able to run them, because they must be installed on the OS that is loaded into memory, and that is running. Think of it like this...

if you just purchased a new chevy truck, and turn the key to turn it on, your not going to start the camaro in the garage. you can see it, you can get in it etc... but you wont be able to turn it on using the truck.
Okay thanks man that makes sense now. So do you know anything about wireless networks?

Back
Top Bottom