LimeWire

Well i use Bittorrent for most things, but most of my song downloads i just quickly open LimeWire, download the song, and close it...i know it takes up a bit of memory but it is by far the quickest p2p for songs ive used, i dont download anything but songs from there btw...

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
Well i use Bittorrent for most things, but most of my song downloads i just quickly open LimeWire, download the song, and close it...i know it takes up a bit of memory but it is by far the quickest p2p for songs ive used, i dont download anything but songs from there btw...

Matt

thats a good idea.

Bittorrent works by downloading a very small file (usually under 200 kB) from a website (like isohunt.com or mininova.org or thepiratebay.org). You then have a client program (like utorrent, Azureus, BitTornado, etc.) open that file. It will then tell the client what to download.

It connects to peers (other downloaders also known as leechers) and seeders (people who are finished downloading and are only uploading) by connecting to a tracker server that manages who's downloading/uploading from who. Everyone is always uploading because the more you upload, the more speed you will be given by the tracker. In this way, it is better than Limewire in that there are usually better sources to download from.

The advantage that Limewire has is sheer speed. You can easily get into the hundreds of kBps with Limewire, but Bittorrent will usually stay under 100 kBps unless it is a very popular torrent. On the other hand, many files that you can't find with Limewire will be readily availible on Bittorrent sites.

joelbeveridge said:
your mumma is horrible. Limewire is better then and crappy Bittorrent site. I always get what i want on limewire
Funny how it requires a little brainpower to use bittorrent... :rolleyes:

I don't use limewire, I do use KCEasy though.

Is your system more vulnerable to viruses throught bittorrent? Does anyone know any sites to get certain episodes of shows like 24 or prison break?

Try2Live4God said:
Is your system more vulnerable to viruses throught bittorrent? Does anyone know any sites to get certain episodes of shows like 24 or prison break?
From what i know ya less likely to get viruses from torrents, because they are monitored from the tracker (not 100% sure on this tho). Most of the torrent sites will have links to single episodes, but if you cant find them, then just download a series, and theres an option to download the certain episodes you want.

Back
Top Bottom