Newsbreak: Saddam Hussein Sentanced

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
It has just come over Reuters that Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death by hanging.

He had requested that if he got the death penalty then it would be by firing squad but it has requested because he holds a military rank but it has been denied.

This is going to have some implications to the world in the next few months.

However this is subject to the appeal process

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6117910.stm

Death penalty for Saddam Hussein
BBC breaking news graphic
Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been convicted of crimes against humanity by a Baghdad court and sentenced to death by hanging.

He was found guilty over his role in the killing of 148 people in the mainly Shia town of Dujail in 1982.

His co-defendant former judge Awad Hamed al-Bander was also sentenced to death. Former vice-president Taha Yassin Ramadan got life in jail.

Three others received 15 year prison terms, another official was acquitted.

so now their making him into a martyr..... what a brilliant idea.....

I can see huge ramifications, increased blood-letting even more than the ghastly daily toll we had before this was announced, but lets face it, this would have happened if they had let him live, it depends on the faction, what I can't stand is some woman for human rights on TV this morning saying that he shouldn't have been given a death sentence, "we don't have that here", lady, he committed these terrible crimes in that country, so he should get the penalty which is current in that country at this time, don't interfere, if he had committed the same crimes here, he would no doubt have served 30 - 40 years with no possible release before, costing the tax payer £300 aday to keep him there, now here's another thing the EU came along & said, "you can't do that", but, getting sick of being told what to do, our Home Secretary said literally, stufu, & carried on doing it, bl**dy EU, these are the people who stipulated the amount of curve that bananas must have...... true!!

Brookfield said:
bl**dy EU, these are the people who stipulated the amount of curve that bananas must have...... true!!
couldn't agree more. Only good thing that they gave us was the currency, and u brits didn't even take it. :p

But if u ask me, Saddam did earn the death penalty. Might have been better for the situation in Iraq if he was sentenced to prison, but he did deserve to die. And when they hang him, I hope they do it so that he is left there hanging alive and suffocating, instead of making it fast and almost painless.

David Lindon said:
Wow, I was sure with all the unrest in the east he would have got a jail sentence

Personally I don't believe that he will actually receive the death penalty and the sentance will be commuted to life.

Already organisations such as Amnesty International are saying that it was unjust and unfair trail, and condemning the sentance.

Back
Top Bottom