Christmas Came Early Today! WOO!!!

I really want a network hard-drive. One where you dont have to plug it into a seperate box. I might ask for one from ST. Nick!

I probably would be able to use most of that space.. i've burned so many dvds for backing up now... :rolleyes:

I would rather have a comp with 4 750 gb HDDs in raid4 and a ton of ram, that I could connect to my network, and leave on 24/7, and just map network drives to it.

samurai said:
I really want a network hard-drive. One where you dont have to plug it into a seperate box. I might ask for one from ST. Nick!

Yeah, I want a NAS drive too. Then I can use it as a media "server".

It's always good to have redundant storage. I got tired of burning DVDs all the time. Plus, I end up spending more money, find a place to store all the DVD collections, and having to search for the right DVDs if I ever needed something. What a pain. I have an external drive via USB hookup that stores all my data files, leaving the main hard drive for software access and installs. I work off of the external drive most of the time. I just wish there was a hub/switch of some kind where I can just leave my external drive plugged in and at the same time, have it connected to all my PCs. Oh, wait--there's a USB hub, but don't know if it will allow me to work in that kind of scenario. Uh-oh, got timed out again, man.

Back
Top Bottom