The best Internet Browser?

What really gets me with Opera is it's compatibility with some sites. That irks me. So I'm often switching to and from Opera and Firefox.

I tried firefox and liked it too...but for some reason it would freeze up and freeze my computer.....when I uninstalled it and went back to IE, it's working fine now....

Try2Live4God said:
I tried firefox and liked it too...but for some reason it would freeze up and freeze my computer.....when I uninstalled it and went back to IE, it's working fine now....

OMG, that's like the exact same problem I had with Firefox!!!!!! I loved the Firefox browser, but it would hang on me for no apparent reason. Even after uninstall/install, trying an older/newer version got me no where. If Firefox would have worked for me as is it should have, Firefox would be my browser of choice. But I kept using IE because of that problem and now got hooked on IE7. Firefox is still hanging around in the background.

I finally got IE7 to work on my Corporate Edition as well as Media Player 11, hehe. Whew...good stuff from Microsoft.

samurai said:
Opera FTW! I used to LOVE firefox...
Yeah, I think they are both great browsers.. but I can't get used to opera.. I prefer firefox's layout.
Try2Live4God said:
Maybe you should try Opera then... it's a good IE alternative as well.
TRDCorolla said:
OMG, that's like the exact same problem I had with Firefox!!!!!! I loved the Firefox browser, but it would hang on me for no apparent reason. Even after uninstall/install, trying an older/newer version got me no where. If Firefox would have worked for me as is it should have, Firefox would be my browser of choice. But I kept using IE because of that problem and now got hooked on IE7. Firefox is still hanging around in the background.

I finally got IE7 to work on my Corporate Edition as well as Media Player 11, hehe. Whew...good stuff from Microsoft.
Awh screw it, i'ma install IE7.. might need to get past WGA the same way I did with wmp11 though lol

Yeah, I hate the validating crap. There's a registry hack that takes care of authenticity. Oops, let one out of the bag, lol.

TRDCorolla said:
Yeah, I hate the validating crap. There's a registry hack that takes care of authenticity. Oops, let one out of the bag, lol.
And google would NEVER lead me in the right direction for that. :)

I'm actually running IE7 right now on my dad's PC, it has a legit copy of XP Home... pretty neat browser.. the interface reminds me of opera for some reason..

There's this one legit site that has the download. I can give you the link through PM if you like.

My laptop's the one that is validated and legal, but not the desktop so it would always get left behind on updates. Now that I found some interesting files and workarounds, both are running current software and has been doing pretty well. The hardest part was getting SP2 to work. Everything else came by pretty easily. After using IE7 on my laptop, I just had to get it on my other computer. Couldn't stand the IE6 interface anymore once you use IE7. The tabbed browsing is so neat. Plus the new Media Player looks way too sexy. OMG, I'm such a nerd for saying that.

TRDCorolla said:
There's this one legit site that has the download. I can give you the link through PM if you like.

My laptop's the one that is validated and legal, but not the desktop so it would always get left behind on updates. Now that I found some interesting files and workarounds, both are running current software and has been doing pretty well. The hardest part was getting SP2 to work. Everything else came by pretty easily. After using IE7 on my laptop, I just had to get it on my other computer. Couldn't stand the IE6 interface anymore once you use IE7. The tabbed browsing is so neat. Plus the new Media Player looks way too sexy. OMG, I'm such a nerd for saying that.
lol, please do, send a link.

I've been using Firefox for a couple of years now. I don't think i could ever change browser to something else, even if it had more or better features simply because I'm so used to Firefox's layout etc plus I'd probably begin to miss using it. I did actually give opera a try a few months ago but i found getting used to it a lot harder than i did with Firefox however i did prefer opera to internet explorer as internet explorer does have a higher prone to spyware and viruses etc than most other browsers. Btw I know nothing about the new IE7 other than it has tabbed browsing.

Back
Top Bottom