Car Thread!

Nice pedals, LoG. :D
Only one criticism, I think it would look better with black tinted tails than chrome altezzas, those seem played out to me. Everyone and their mom has them.

I think the CSR is pretty. That's not the greatest picture, but it's most likely because I'm kinda a half old school guy at heart. They've been using that same basic styling since its introduction in the late 50's and it still works wonders to me.

lrg_article_161-img_0.jpg

Before I am going to cry at your cars (jk), I am wondering something:

I am getting the driver's liscence this January and then the Full permit. Well, I was wondering this:
Will a Toyota Camry 2004 Manual transmition be a gas economic car? Like, nothing more than 50 bucks for full tank?

I don't really need the speeding as I am set to drive 80KPH on 100KPH Max highways

D-Lew said:
Nice pedals, LoG. :D
Only one criticism, I think it would look better with black tinted tails than chrome altezzas, those seem played out to me. Everyone and their mom has them.

I think the CSR is pretty. That's not the greatest picture, but it's most likely because I'm kinda a half old school guy at heart. They've been using that same basic styling since its introduction in the late 50's and it still works wonders to me.

lrg_article_161-img_0.jpg

Yea i will be pulling the "racing:" pedals off this weekend

and goign to pull a part to look for stock civic tail lights

I dunno the conversion between CAD and USD but I imagine it won't be that much worse on gas than anything else. Is it a V6 or I4?

lhuser said:

I am getting the driver's liscence this January and then the Full permit. Well, I was wondering this:
Will a Toyota Camry 2004 Manual transmition be a gas economic car? Like, nothing more than 50 bucks for full tank?

I don't really need the speeding as I am set to drive 80KPH on 100KPH Max highways

Manual transmissions generally consume less gas than automatic transmissions, but I've never owned a large sedan before like a Camry. If you want gas economy, go with something smaller like a Corolla. From my experience, you'll spend on average of $28 to fill it up each time (and that's using premium). The Camry has an 18.5 gallon gas tank, so assuming you're paying $2.60 for gas, that comes out to almost $50 a tank on 18.5 gallons. Most likely, you'll have more than a few gallons in there before the fillup so you won't be spending more than $50 per tank. (timed out again--I should put this down everytime I get timed out).

lhuser said:

Manual transmissions generally consume less gas than automatic transmissions, but I've never owned a large sedan before like a Camry. If you want gas economy, go with something smaller like a Corolla. From my experience, you'll spend on average of $28 to fill it up each time (and that's using premium). The Camry has an 18.5 gallon gas tank, so assuming you're paying $2.60 for gas, that comes out to almost $50 a tank on 18.5 gallons. Most likely, you'll have more than a few gallons in there before the fillup so you won't be spending more than $50 per tank.

TRDCorolla said:
Manual transmissions generally consume less gas than automatic transmissions, but I've never owned a large sedan before like a Camry. If you want gas economy, go with something smaller like a Corolla. From my experience, you'll spend on average of $28 to fill it up each time (and that's using premium). The Camry has an 18.5 gallon gas tank, so assuming you're paying $2.60 for gas, that comes out to almost $50 a tank on 18.5 gallons. Most likely, you'll have more than a few gallons in there before the fillup so you won't be spending more than $50 per tank.

Nope new AT transmissions consume less than manual but its a very little difference.

Well traditionally, manual transmission is still best on gas mileage. However these days, we're beginning to see some newer cars with automatics that have an EPA rating of only 1 or 2 MPG less than the same model car equipped with the manual. So small, but they've gone more efficient. SOME vehicles get better mileage (5 mpg or more) as an automatic compared to the manual. This kind of example can be reflected in the Toyota's like the RAV4, and the FJ Cruiser.

For manual tranny, the driver controls when to shift gears. In an automatic, the gears shift automatically (no surprise there) when the RPMs reach a certain level. The RPMs seem to run high before the car shifts gears, much higher than you would let them get with a standard transmission. When they run high, the car burns more gas which result in reduced gas mileage as compared to manual transmissions. It's just a basic theory, but now with all these hybrids, electric, and fuel cell vehicles out, gas mileage no longer mean anything anymore.

2008 Subaru WRX Prototype, wow it may get a 330 HP upgrade!!

"Spy photographer Chris Doane for Brenda Priddy & Company caught a disguised 2008 Subaru WRX in testing this week in California. Previously, there have been several sightings of possible WRX test mules (in Legacy bodies). These pictures show an actual WRX prototype. The car is expected to take some inspiration from the Subaru B5 concept, though evidently not as much as one might expect. As for power, insiders are anticipating a big update to the 2.5-liter H4 turbo, with an output of around 330-horsepower. Priddy says the Impreza name could change for the 2008 model year. Gallery after the jump…"

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/13/spied-2008-subaru-wrx-hatchback/

4-2008-subaru-wrx-hatch-spied.jpg

Here's the new 2006 Lancer Evo X and it looks like this is the final version:

"X is Roman for ten. But we'd like to think it denotes and X rating--for the meanest, rawest Evo ever made. This future rally rocket was accurately previewed by the Concept X from last year's Tokyo auto show (shown here), but the street car won't get its LED headlights and show-car interior. Power will continue to come from a 2.0-liter turbo four, but output will push past the current Subaru WRX STI's 300-hp rating. Mitsubishi would be wise to mate its engine to a slick twin-clutch transmission, and it would be a shame not to use the new Outlander SUV's lovely magnesium-alloy paddle shifters. Naturally, the Evo will be driven by all four wheels, via a new S-AWC (Super All-Wheel Control) system that Mitsubishi promises will rival Honda's SH-AWD in sophistication. The new system will feature active steering, active yaw control, and myriad electronic sensors. We hope S-AWC doesn't compromise the great steering possessed by Evos VIII and IX. This new Evo will go on sale in early 2008."

http://www.automobilemag.com/future_cars/2008/0604_2008_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x/

0511_mitsubishi_concept_x_02_445_900.jpg

Both these cars have have significant new upgrades, especially the Evo.

The Evolution actually looks pretty nice. :) The Impreza WRX looks sorta...weird, but it's still with the disguise on.

Back
Top Bottom